Wiki Posts
Search

First class MQM bonus for mileage run

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion | SPG Gold
First class MQM bonus for mileage run

I was looking around and from what I understand buying a first class ticket gives me 1.5 MQMs for the miles flown. So SAN-ATL is usually 3,782 miles, with the first class bonus it should be 5,673. Is this correct? If so this would help me get to medallion status this year and would be worth it.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dl767captain
I was looking around and from what I understand buying a first class ticket gives me 1.5 MQMs for the miles flown. So SAN-ATL is usually 3,782 miles, with the first class bonus it should be 5,673. Is this correct? If so this would help me get to medallion status this year and would be worth it.
Yep, that's right. Suggest you consider SAN-RDU using the double MQM promo, in either J or Y, if your goal is miles / MQMs.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by TCnSanDiegoCA
Yep, that's right. Suggest you consider SAN-RDU using the double MQM promo, in either J or Y, if your goal is miles / MQMs.
Do you know how many people are getting the bonus miles for going to the promo cities? The T&Cs say you don't get miles for going to those cities, but I know some people have been getting the bonus anyway.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dl767captain
Yes, you earn 150% MQMs for first and business class fares, including "discounted first class" A fares, as well as for Y, B, and M coach fares. The 150% is applied to the actual air miles (counted as nonstop for direct flights) or 500 miles, whichever is greater. For RTs from the four magic cities (RDU, PIT, BNA, and STL), the current promo gets you 300% MQMs but you must register and purchase tickets by the end of November. You should not get the extra MQMs for RTs *to* RDU but YMMV.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Do you know how many people are getting the bonus miles for going to the promo cities? The T&Cs say you don't get miles for going to those cities, but I know some people have been getting the bonus anyway.
seperate tickets, seperate PNR...
Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by DLroads
seperate tickets, seperate PNR...
Hmm? Are you suggesting that the OP go SAN-RDU, RDU-SAN-RDU, RDU-SAN on two separate PNRs? If you are, sure, that works. The poster I was referring to had indicated SAN-RDU, without the nested trip, though.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I think you're referring to the T&C restriction on HUB cities, and not on the promo cities? I fly SAN-RDU regularly and have been getting DMQM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
T&C state it must be a round trip originating from one of the 4 big bonuses cities. Others have posted that they received bonuses without meeting the T&C. I would imagine delta has the rights to review accounts and deduct miles. I don't think they would do that unless they have reason to, but do as you please.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by TCnSanDiegoCA
I think you're referring to the T&C restriction on HUB cities, and not on the promo cities? I fly SAN-RDU regularly and have been getting DMQM.
Lucky! As far as the understanding has been in the thread about this promo, it seems that trips going to the promo cities shouldn't get the DMQM and bonus RDM. Guess I'll have to see how lucky I get with a one-way from OKC to STL this weekend (prepping for two pseudo MRs!)
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Lucky! As far as the understanding has been in the thread about this promo, it seems that trips going to the promo cities shouldn't get the DMQM and bonus RDM. Guess I'll have to see how lucky I get with a one-way from OKC to STL this weekend (prepping for two pseudo MRs!)
FWIW, you may get lucky but it would be just that. In the case of the OP, I don't know that I would want to spend that much for a ticket in F only to find all he gets is 1.5 MQM, not 3X. But everyone's mileage varies...
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:03 pm

If I go first class out of RDU do I get quadruple MQM?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by MK22
Nope, only triple: 1.5 COS * 2 RDU promo
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:00 pm

Works for me!!
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by MK22
That would be nice But unfortunately, no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.