Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The end of "bonus" MQM during IROPS/VDB/SDC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The end of "bonus" MQM during IROPS/VDB/SDC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
They adopted the NW code that tracks fare flown vs. fare paid quite a while ago. Perhaps it is now being checked in more places.

Even so w/ NW it was still possible for a bump on an award ticket to turn in a Y/Y fare every now & then.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:15 pm

How early should one get to the airport to VDB for an oversold flight? Do they offer it at the self-check in kiosks?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by nas6034
How early should one get to the airport to VDB for an oversold flight? Do they offer it at the self-check in kiosks?
Not often. The idea behind overselling is predicting that some people will not show up even if they check in. So the offers are (most) likely going to come at the gate since it becomes more clear when people check bags indicating too many people showed up.

It has happened at the kiosk... just not often. And arriving early might get you at the top of the list for bumps but that list is usually managed at the gate.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:42 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Evan!
. . . . arriving early might get you at the top of the list for bumps but that list is usually managed at the gate.

A friend of mine who is an upper level Elite on UA told me that they manage the VDB list by status, as opposed to by time getting on the list. What do y'all think of that?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels
A friend of mine who is an upper level Elite on UA told me that they manage the VDB list by status, as opposed to by time getting on the list. What do y'all think of that?
There was a rumor for a while that DL was doing that as well, except that higher status pax were put at the bottom of the VDB list because they did not want to "inconvenience" their frequent flyers. I'm pretty sure that that's not true.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by GBadger
There was a rumor for a while that DL was doing that as well, except that higher status pax were put at the bottom of the VDB list because they did not want to "inconvenience" their frequent flyers. I'm pretty sure that that's not true.
I was under the impression the IDB list works this way, but the VDB list goes by time.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:04 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
All I can say to that is - Y I K E S!!! I'm always tryin' to find out if I can DYKWIA my way a little higher on the list!!!

Actually, funny story recently - I was connecting at DTW, got to the connecting gate, knowing the flight was overbooked. I asked, and the GA - LITERALLY - said - - Are you Dave?!?! Turns out my GA friend knew I was on that flight and called her friend working my gate to help me a little!!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM

I've went up and offered and told I was #4 on the list..I immeditaly said i've been bumped many times before and stated what I wanted....This was 9PM flight.....He said ok, gave me hotel, meal, and transporation voch, $400 e-cert,and in 1st for 8am flight the next day. Not sure what happended to the other 3 people on the list,but that sure worked for me! I think being friendly and knowing what your doing goes a longgggg way. They already stressed and don't want to spend time explaining to average joe how everything works!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
I've went up and offered and told I was #4 on the list..I immeditaly said i've been bumped many times before and stated what I wanted....This was 9PM flight.....He said ok, gave me hotel, meal, and transporation voch, $400 e-cert,and in 1st for 8am flight the next day. Not sure what happended to the other 3 people on the list,but that sure worked for me! I think being friendly and knowing what your doing goes a longgggg way. They already stressed and don't want to spend time explaining to average joe how everything works!
This is the key.... if you go up with alternate routings and are willing to be as flexible as possible (like next day flight), your odds are better ---- especially when there is a mad rush at the end to get the flight out on time.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Delta no longer posting IRROPS bonus mileage?

Sorry if this has been posted and discussed. I searched, but didn't find anything relevant.

Yesterday flying up to RIC, my 9:45am was cancelled so I was rebooked on the next flight. Went from front of the bus to way back of the bus on MD88, but I'm not complaining. I got there! My boarding pass states Y fare for rebooking BUT I checked my mileage online and it only show's 500MQM. It show's fare class as T/Y. Anybody else notice this?

Delta 2399 from Atlanta, GA(ATL) to Richmond, VA(RIC) Activity Date : 28 Oct 2010

Miles Bonus Miles Total Miles MQM Earned Segments
500 500 1000 500 1
Class Paid/Flown : T/Y
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
DL started giving purchased fare class milage for IRROPS before the merger.
Gone are the good times...
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by thesaints
DL started giving purchased fare class milage for IRROPS before the merger.
Gone are the good times...
Hmmm.... I'm not sure that is true. I went back and looked at my last IRROPS and it was back in July 2010 and I was credited with Y mileage.
I know it's no big deal for 250 MQM's.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
Delta's IT department seems to have fixed this "problem" about 1 month ago.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, SPG Platinum
I flew out of BRU in September on an award ticket and experienced IRROPS, didn't even complain but still received 5000 miles about 2 months later.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by amps
Sorry if this has been posted and discussed. I searched, but didn't find anything relevant.

Yesterday flying up to RIC, my 9:45am was cancelled so I was rebooked on the next flight. Went from front of the bus to way back of the bus on MD88, but I'm not complaining. I got there! My boarding pass states Y fare for rebooking BUT I checked my mileage online and it only show's 500MQM. It show's fare class as T/Y. Anybody else notice this?

Delta 2399 from Atlanta, GA(ATL) to Richmond, VA(RIC) Activity Date : 28 Oct 2010

Miles Bonus Miles Total Miles MQM Earned Segments
500 500 1000 500 1
Class Paid/Flown : T/Y
There were never any bonus IRROP MQM, it was an it glitch and many enjoyed and took advantage of it while it lasted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.