Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Thank You Thread for the The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event

Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER

I know that many of you have already expressed your gratitude in the many threads about the incredible experience that you had during - The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010.

We want to start a separate Thank You Thread so that we can share the link with the many Delta Employees that participated in making the Event such a huge success. We will also take the comments from this thread and share them with the Delta team and the FlyerTalk Volunteer Team at the follow-up Thank You Luncheon.

This is your opportunity to thank any special or unique individuals you may have encountered during the event, highlight something you thought was memorable, or just share you overall thoughts.

We appreciate your support and participation in the event and thank YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts and impressions. On behalf of the entire Delta and FlyerTalk team that pulled this event together – We look forward to seeing you on another Delta flight soon. Thank you and safe travels ahead!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
The Delta Atlanta Worldport folks really showed what they are made of: From The Heart.

As much as we try to appreciate and understand what they do, this event revealed levels of complexity, care and attention that we couldn't have imagined.

Can we name names? My GA, "J.T." in the E terminal, and our RWT leader, "Sparks", were both just exceptional. And our Sim instructor, "K" was really on top of everything, and a delight to fly with.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:35 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
There aren't words to thank the Delta family members! Everyone who we interfaced with (and those we didn't who helped behind the scenes) was amazing, gracious, energetic and I think sometimes even more excited about what was going on as we were. Let's be honest, we can be a scary group of people for Delta and they definitely invited us to "bring it on" in many ways.

If I were to start naming names my post would go on a zillion pages, you were all so wonderful to us, but I especially want to thank Gwen....I will treasure that pin always!!!!

Thank you all for making us part of your family, in your home and welcoming us with open hearts!!!!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, UA-PE, AA
I had a wonderful experience. DL management and DL volunteers went out of their way to make us feel welcome and discussed candidly with the good as well as the bad (delays this summer, M-fares, etc.).

Thank you DL
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
I just emailed this letter to Richard Anderson (except for his and Jeff's all names were changed for this post to initials to protect their privacy, figured Jeff and Richards name has been used enough that it would not matter )

Dear Mr. Anderson,
As one of the over 100 FlyerTalk members that participated in the “Delta DO II” last week I wanted to take a few moments to not only thank you and the employees of Delta but to tell you how much I enjoyed those 4 days. Starting with Thursday at the Delta museum (those volunteers are fantastic), then of course we had the Executive session with your insightful and very informative presentation as well as those of your other executives keying us in on what it takes to run and maintain the worlds “Premier” airline. On Friday we enjoyed a very in depth tour of your Technical Operations Center and got to meet the leader of that group who shared some of his outstanding management philosophies with us. Then we were given the “cooks tour” of the operation itself. If I had ever had any doubts (and I never have) of Delta’s commitment to safety they most assuredly would have been dispelled after that very impressive tour. We were then given the privilege for 15 minutes to sit at the controls of one of your flight simulator’s, in my case the 777! I managed to land safely the first time but was not so lucky on my second attempt! Saturday I was placed in the able hands of TM at Road Warrior Training I. I was assigned to zone 3 and unfortunately I misplaced my list of the FA names assigned to our group but I believe they were K, Y and A. These flight attendants did a great job of showing us just a smidgen of what they have to learn and master before being put in charge of our safety and well being on your aircraft. Even after the literally thousands of flights I have taken since the very first flight of my life in 1966 (happened to be a Delta 727 from MCO to PBI) I LEARNED A LOT OF NEW THINGS THAT DAY! The dedicated FA’s I have had the honor of meeting on my many flights over the years never ceases to amaze me. Lastly on Sunday morning I got to end this 4 day whirlwind with the “Walk-A-Mile with a Gate Agent” day. What can I say except “it was way beyond my wildest expectations”! I was assigned to “A” north with Red Coat MB and after a briefing that morning from all the team leaders, M took me to meet my new “guardian angel” for the morning, KR. I only wish I had just half the energy and enthusiasm for my job that she has for hers (and I love what I do a lot!). Next time I work with her I am bringing roller skates so I can try to keep up! Her first assigned flight at A20 was not until after 10am so we immediate went looking for another agent to help. During this time I got to meet and help (I use the word “help” very loosely) TD, MJ-W, MT and AS. Outstanding agents all! Everyone was very kind and helpful in answering my many questions all while taking care of the task at hand of dispatching each flight on time! By the way in spite of my “help” these pros got them all out on time! What an educating day for this tired “old road warrior”. I will never look at a gate agent the same way again. My hope now is that I can not only repeat this exercise again with the gate agents (the allotted time went by way to fast!) but if possible spend some time with some of the other functions of the airline that make it tick. When I got back to my home airport (MCO) I stopped by to see my friends at the SkyClub to tell them all about the experience. They were amazed and wanted to know when I would be working with the SkyClub Agents for a day … my answer of course was “anytime”. I have known about the “Delta DNA” you spoke of for many years as I not only recognize it as a customer but at one time my 2 sons both worked for Delta on the ramp at Orlando (one actually became a reservation agent in Coral Gables) and I know how much pride they still use to this day when telling people about that experience. Lastly I would be remiss not to mention Jeff Robertson and his team for all the hard work they did in making this event a complete success and to also thank you and Delta for the great meals you provided (at our dinner on Thursday I not only got to meet but had the honor sitting next to the star of your safety video, Katherine Lee!).

Thanks again for everything and sorry this note was so long!

Sincerely,

BM
MM/PM widget (Flyertalk)

And once I again I want to thank, Steve, Brian, Kirk and Wes as well as all the other behind the scenes volunteers, Great Job by all for making a really unforgettable experience!

Last edited by MM/PM widget; Nov 6, 2010 at 7:59 pm
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM MM
I have a new appreciation and respect for all the Delta employees who make it such a great airline. I'll be travelling again in a few days, and hope to see some familiar faces when I connect in ATL.

Thank you, Delta, for being so generous to our FlyerTalk group.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
^^ Thank you to all at Delta for the wonderful weekend! ^^
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Thank You!!!!!!

What an incredible time!! All the Delta employees deserve kudos. The executives on Thursday afternoon were honestly interested in what we had to say, and showed great concern for both their customers & employees. I did not find one Delta employee who was not dedicated to both their job and to seeing that Delta's customers were taken care of. I could name numerous employees who especially impressed me, but I wanted to give a special thumbs up to Gina (Jeff's right & left hand), who has a smile a mile wide & the enthusiasm to match, to Angela in the FA Training Center who really made us aware of how much training goes into safety, but that at the same time how important it is to provide great customer service (& she gave our group a pretty good workout for the all day RW I training), & of course to Deltalina (Delta's Rock Star) for putting up with a bunch of non-photogenic customers who wanted to have their picture taken with her. It was the BEST FIELD TRIP EVER!!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by Dorlee
I have a new appreciation and respect for all the Delta employees who make it such a great airline. I'll be travelling again in a few days, and hope to see some familiar faces when I connect in ATL.

Thank you, Delta, for being so generous to our FlyerTalk group.
+1
Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Wow, where to begin.

My wife asked me to write a brief blog about my day as a GA. The condensed version was FOUR TYPEWRITTEN PAGES! Told her there is no way to condense such a wonderful experience.

Kudos to DL management for giving us so much of their time. While I might not agree with everything from JR, it was very special that he showed up at our dinner and mingled with everyone. Class act.

Of course, need to thank Deltalina for being, well, Deltalina. Kat was far more gracious than I expected and thanks to DL for the schedule adjustments so she could be there.

The Tech Ops president blew me away. I have met many CEO's but everything from this guy's mouth came right from his heart. And thanks to our tour guide, Mike. He is knowledgeable in so many areas and answered all our questions.

More special thanks to Tracy at RWT. This was a fantastic day but most important, we learned some critical safety matters that most other passengers don't know. Everyone is better for this.

Of course I need to send thanks and love to my favorite GA, Tamika. She was incredibly patient with me even though I was making the clock work against her. There are not enough superlatives to show my appreciation for what she gave me.

Sorry that I left out so many but for everyone at Delta, you gave me one of the greatest experiences of my life. From my heart, thank you very very much.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Let me chime in to say that every single Delta person I met, without exception, was helpful, informative, engaging, interested, and friendly. It's just hard to put it into words. I have to say that one of my favorites was Christina Riojas at the OCC, who seemed to "get it" when it comes to standing up for customers.

I thank everyone at Delta who had a role in this event. It's hard to imagine a better bunch running an airline. If we can all work through some of the tougher issues, I think Delta will be positioned to really soar.

And it was apparent to me that Richard Anderson does "get it" as well. He strikes me as being both forceful and informed, yet someone you could honestly talk to if you worked for him. As his style continues to percolate throughout the company, I believe things will continue to improve.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Thanks, Delta! Awesome show and well played!

Best gate agent: Kim D
Best PSA (red coat): Angela P
Best Performance Leader (ticketing): Carole K
...and the list goes on.

THANK YOU!!!!

-RM
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I'll be brief.....

Thanks to all the folks at DL that participated in this event. It was fantastic.

And thanks to the volunteers as well.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by atldlff
We will also take the comments from this thread and share them with the Delta team and the FlyerTalk Volunteer Team at the follow-up Thank You Luncheon.
Is this something we will be able to attend or is it only for the DL people?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by atldlff
We will also take the comments from this thread and share them with the Delta team and the FlyerTalk Volunteer Team at the follow-up Thank You Luncheon.
Don't know what the arrangements are or who is paying, but I am happy to contribute to help offset the cost of this luncheon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.