Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

One year since AFA's decertification at NW/DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond

Today is the one year anniversary of the historic election at Delta Air Lines where the majority of flight attendants rejected AFA representation. I'm curious to know what has changed and if things are beginning to move along despite the AFA's interference charges. Has FA service from PM-NW crews improved?

ATLANTA, Nov. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) has received notification from the National Mediation Board (NMB) that a majority – more than 53 percent - of flight attendants voting in the election rejected representation by the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA). In response, Delta Senior Vice President of In-Flight Service Joanne Smith issued the following message to its 20,000 flight attendants:

"We are happy to share the results of the Delta flight attendant representation election we received today from the National Mediation Board. The majority of voters rejected AFA representation. This is a win for all Delta flight attendants. We are pleased not just with the outcome, but also with the fact that so many of you let your voice be heard. There were 18,760 votes cast and 53% voted against AFA representation. There were 19,887 eligible voters, of which only 44% voted for AFA. No matter how you voted, thank you for participating. I could not be more proud of our flight attendants.
http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1176
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Today is the one year anniversary of the historic election at Delta Air Lines where the majority of flight attendants rejected AFA representation. I'm curious to know what has changed and if things are beginning to move along despite the AFA's interference charges. Has FA service from PM-NW crews improved?

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1176
And.... the pot gets stirred again.

I don't know whether to or or
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:53 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I am curious as to the status of the interference charges. Haven't seen anything recently. The board is still looking into it I guess.

For now, however, I think both PMNW and PMDL FAs are still working under their legacy work rules.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Two years since AFA defeat/NW decertification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.