Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Comprehensive Guide to Delta Fare Basis Codes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comprehensive Guide to Delta Fare Basis Codes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mtkeller
You can't see DL award inventory in a GDS, so it doesn't really matter what bucket it comes from. The fare basis will start with CSM and then have a mileage level following it. Why exactly are you asking?
Thanks. I am asking bcs I am trying to see availability on expert flyer but need to input a fare basis code.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by TroyMcClure
Thanks. I am asking bcs I am trying to see availability on expert flyer but need to input a fare basis code.
You can't see DL award availability in EF (which is implicit in my statement that it's not in any GDS). You can see upgrade inventory for both complimentary medallion upgrades and mileage/SWU upgrades in EF, but not awards.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
You can also find the fare rules on ITA for free
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:57 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I thought I made it clear, but apparently my previous post wasn't clear enough. I clicked on that, also clicked on the other links. A pop up box comes up and they all say:

Fare Rules Unavailable

and

Unable to Display Fare Rule

and that I should call Delta. Hence the origin of my complaint...
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Don't know what to tell you. Every time I click on it, the data comes up on the Delta site. Tried again twice last night just to be sure. It gives you the short version and if you click on the next link it gives you the full multiple page format
I totally agree with mnredfox. Deltas fare display is broken without hope. I am exclusively travelling internationally on DL and usually I cannot get the fare rules displayed when clicking the link. In my opinion that is close to fraud and just adds to other blatant lies sich as the "new" design of including YQ under a section that was recently renamed from "taxes and fees" to just "taxes".

Additionally, DL has effectively invalidated the rule of "higher fare, more flexibility". I recently booked a "W" fare, displayed as a changeable, refundable ticket that ended up being issued to a non-changeable, non-refundable, maximum-stay 3 months ticket! I payed $2k more that the cheapest changeable coach fare available!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
check out www.cwsi.net/delta.htm

Clumsey me - should have read the OP post with my glasses ON.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.