Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know if travelers with SC membership cards can access the DL international SC if flying on Virgin Atlantic (not Virgin America, but flying to LHR). I also have Priority Pass access to the United Club on the international side, but would rather use the SC. Just trying to figure out if all of the international terminal is airside or if different airlines are behind different security checkpoints.
Shouldn't be an issue if the SC is open. All you need is a BP for same-day travel on any airline. I used the regular SC the other day in SFO before taking VX to LAS.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know if travelers with SC membership cards can access the DL international SC if flying on Virgin Atlantic (not Virgin America, but flying to LHR). I also have Priority Pass access to the United Club on the international side, but would rather use the SC. Just trying to figure out if all of the international terminal is airside or if different airlines are behind different security checkpoints.
I haven't had a problem accessing the SC when flying different airlines (but I've never tried to get into the SFO intl SC). The two wings of the international terminal aren't connected airside. However, I've had no problem getting into terminals other than the one I'm departing from at SFO. The TSA agent usually comments on it, and I mention that I'm going to a lounge. That said, I believe VS operates from the same side of the international terminal as DL, so that shouldn't be an issue for you.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Has anyone had success accessing the AF lounge? Thinking about including SFO in a mileage run if I can access the AF lounge.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:50 am

Lounge Access on two itin

I'll be flying two separate itin's (purchased separately)

SFO-JFK redeye, leaves 10pm, arrives 7am

LGA-DTW-HKG, leaves 11am

My question is--I know I have SC access at LGA and DTW given the international itin., would Delta check me in for the LGA-DTW-HKG flights at SFO, and thereby allowing me to use the SFO SC?

Thank you all!
(Really just more curious than anything... could very well live without going into the SFO SC.)
Old May 26, 2012, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by savekenny
I'll be flying two separate itin's (purchased separately)

SFO-JFK redeye, leaves 10pm, arrives 7am

LGA-DTW-HKG, leaves 11am

My question is--I know I have SC access at LGA and DTW given the international itin., would Delta check me in for the LGA-DTW-HKG flights at SFO, and thereby allowing me to use the SFO SC?

Thank you all!
(Really just more curious than anything... could very well live without going into the SFO SC.)
I don't know if they'll check you in at SFO for the whole itinerary, although you could also check in online. Since you're changing airports in New York, I doubt they'll check the bags through. Also, as the rules state that international travel must be the same day for Elite Plus lounge access:
SkyTeam Elite Plus (including Delta Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion) traveling in any cabin on a SkyTeam international flight* or a SkyTeam domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight (includes same-day travel on a Delta domestic flight connecting to an international Delta—or any other SkyTeam partner—flight). If traveling on a domestic itinerary, please show a Delta Sky Club membership card for lounge access.
I doubt they'll let you in in SFO. Sorry.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
SFO T1 Redevelopment - Sky Club inside security??

A couple questions:

1) will DL finally get a Sky Club inside security when T1 is redeveloped?

2) is there a timetable and funding for the redevelopment of T1 yet?

__________________________________________________ ___________
For those curious, here's more context to what I'm referring to:
http://aci-na.org/static/entransit/Fantoni.pdf

Also, in today's Chronicle:
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/place/...ir-3664702.php
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
I fly to SFO quite frequently and I should know more about this but, sad to say, I don't. God knows Terminal 1 is a dump and desperately needs some renovation. I really like the SC at SFO but being landslide is a huge pain in the axx. Clearing security at SFO can be a cluster, though Pre-check is tremendous addition. Thanks posting the links. I'm a little better informed now.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Buckshot
I fly to SFO quite frequently and I should know more about this but, sad to say, I don't. God knows Terminal 1 is a dump and desperately needs some renovation. I really like the SC at SFO but being landslide is a huge pain in the axx. Clearing security at SFO can be a cluster, though Pre-check is tremendous addition. Thanks posting the links. I'm a little better informed now.
I know they are currently working on the E gates in the North Terminal (T3). I know the next item is to work on the South Terminal (T1), but are the B gates first or the C gates? I'm not sure. I also remember that AA is supposed to be booted from the Central Terminal (T2) for the South Terminal (T1) at some point as well.

As for the club, I'm torn, it's nice to have a free drink when you are there to pick up friends or family at the airport, but the line for security is long (even in the SP line) so you can't enjoy the club for as long as you would like before you actually fly.

I prefer SJC to SFO because any drizzle or fog can delay flights at SFO for hours while SJC and OAK are on time.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I know they are currently working on the E gates in the North Terminal (T3). I know the next item is to work on the South Terminal (T1), but are the B gates first or the C gates? I'm not sure. I also remember that AA is supposed to be booted from the Central Terminal (T2) for the South Terminal (T1) at some point as well.

As for the club, I'm torn, it's nice to have a free drink when you are there to pick up friends or family at the airport, but the line for security is long (even in the SP line) so you can't enjoy the club for as long as you would like before you actually fly.

I prefer SJC to SFO because any drizzle or fog can delay flights at SFO for hours while SJC and OAK are on time.
If AA is moving to T1 (South Terminal) I wonder if they will go in new space and if DL will stay in current location (C gates).

Is UA getting all of T3 (North Terminal)?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Buckshot
Clearing security at SFO can be a cluster, though Pre-check is tremendous addition.
Pre-Check hasn't it made it to the DL wing at SFO yet, has it? Last time I was there (a couple of weeks ago) it was CLEAR/SkyPriority/Regular, and no electronic boarding pass support.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by FitTraveler
If AA is moving to T1 (South Terminal) I wonder if they will go in new space and if DL will stay in current location (C gates).

Is UA getting all of T3 (North Terminal)?
IIRC *A will get E, F, and G gates since they connect behind security all ready. But, UA is now using CO's old gates in the B concourse and that's a huge mess. I would have thought that AA would get CO's and US's old gates, but who knows now.

Other than the fact that there is only one restaurant (Perry's) which limits food options, DL pretty much has the C gates to itself since it only shares with Frontier. It's a short taxi to the runways as long as they brake hard once on 28 R/L coming in.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

IIRC *A will get E, F, and G gates since they connect behind security all ready.
I was just looking at the renderings in one of the links. It appears they may try to connect all terminals airside, i.e., post security. If so, that would be a huge plus.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by QueerEyeForDelta
I was just looking at the renderings in one of the links. It appears they may try to connect all terminals airside, i.e., post security. If so, that would be a huge plus.
+1, this has always been a tremendous nuisance.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by QueerEyeForDelta
The article about the tower in today's Chronicle mentions that it will have to fit between two walkways from the South and Central Terminals (1 outside security that already exists and a new walkway inside security).
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The article about the tower in today's Chronicle mentions that it will have to fit between two walkways from the South and Central Terminals (1 outside security that already exists and a new walkway inside security).
I missed that. thanks for pointing it out. Excellent news!!

At the same time, the compact dimensions required that the lower neck of the tower be as narrow as possible, since room was needed for a pair of corridors between Terminals 1 and 2, one for general visitors and one for passengers who already had passed through security.

Anyone have inside scoop as to whether Delta is planning to somehow create an airside Sky Club?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.