Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Reviews

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:36 am

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
DTW Skyclubs are excellent, although the Center A club can get crowded at peak times around international departures. It can be as if this is the only club that people know of in the airport. The B/C club can experience brief crowds in the middle of flight banks, but between them it is decent. My favorite clubs in DTW are the North & South A at the tram stations. Sure they are a little smaller, but always less crowded and you can get a cool view of the airfield and terminal.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by DTWflyer
DTW Skyclubs are excellent, although the Center A club can get crowded at peak times around international departures. It can be as if this is the only club that people know of in the airport. The B/C club can experience brief crowds in the middle of flight banks, but between them it is decent. My favorite clubs in DTW are the North & South A at the tram stations. Sure they are a little smaller, but always less crowded and you can get a cool view of the airfield and terminal.
DTW Center also had an isssue with the internet overloading - not sure if they've replaced the NW WC Wifi with T-Mobile like they did as MSP. That may have solved it. Fortunately its a quick ride to the 3 other clubs in DTW.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Davescj
I like the MKE club. It is former NW club. Still "looks" like a NW club. There are 2 staff to check you in, work reservations, etc. I have always had a positive experience with staff and club.

MEM is another great club. I like that it is near Blue note club to eat and close to every flight (for the most part). Again, great staff.

BOS -- I was only there once, but I was very impressed. Clean, airy, bright friendly staff.

MCO -- decent decor, lots of nice "group" areas.

ATL -- as far as I can tell, they are all hit or miss. I've never been overly impressed by any of the clubs there. B10 I end up in most because of the flights I'm on.

DEN -- needs a club.
LAS -- Needs a club.

Dave
PHX needs a club!

New IND club, just past security, opens later this year!
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by Italy98
PHX needs a club!

New IND club, just past security, opens later this year!
Yes - if DL had any sense of keeping the value of the membership they would restore the entire wave that claimed PHX - I think that included DEN and MCI.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Yes - if DL had any sense of keeping the value of the membership they would restore the entire wave that claimed PHX - I think that included DEN and MCI.
I can see MCI being questionable, but DEN and PHX one would think is a no brainer.

Dave
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
RDU - Suffered through years in the old CRC closet then 1 1/2 years with no club and am now very happy with the current SC. It's pretty busy in here as I write this.

ATL - many of years of transiting through ATL have created an internal awareness of which club to hit depending on time of day and day of week. ie. - 5 PM weekday, head to E and use the former Business Class lounge. Don't know why they close A center on weekends or all clubs at 10 PM. Big bummer when summer afternoon t-storms cause delays. B10 - OP got lucky, even when I leave out of B10 I don't use that club. T club - found myself in T a lot this year so appreciated this club and smaller crowds.

DTW - Nice clubs.

BOS - Nice club.

IAD - bummed that they closed the fNWA club. Fly AA to IAD now and they have a new AC so...

TPA - works for me but nothing outstanding comes to mind

SFO - why pre-security?

MSP - only a few visits but not stands outs in my mind

DEN - miss the CRC. Have an AA club membership. Now that AA's club is free booze after 10/1 this will help in the coming ski season.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta/NW Plat, HH Diamond, Nat Car Exec
Does UA have a Vegas Club. Depending on what CO/UA do on facilities the CO PC could be available. One of the best Ive been in.

DEN definitely needs one as well. A shame they closed the CR just prior to announicng the merger.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by bwhite
IAD - bummed that they closed the fNWA club. Fly AA to IAD now and they have a new AC so...
But, new Air France club open to SkyClub members.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by fmsm
BNA has the nicest people but is the worst facility, right down to the stupid door lock on the mens room that nobody uses!
Hey now, I use the lock! It pisses people off but I believe it is their so the ladys dont get a show.

I hope they have replaced that light bulb in the men's bathroom!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:29 pm

[QUOTE=DLdweeb;14720926]

+2. Can they not work out a local agreement with CO/UA? I miss the PC club there.
That would be nice but CO/UA would have to get one in return. I would vote for access at BNA for CO/UA folks but that is just me. It would bring in a ton of money for CO from DL. AS BR members still get in there.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
BNA: Super southern hospitality, great staff but they will be remodeling as well. Love that they are virtually right next to the gates but agree about that stupid door lock on the men's room.

LAS: Major SC bummer since I am there once/mo. Been told there is not enough space, rents too high, etc. Seems to me this is the highest DL traffic airport without a SC. Don't get me started...

NRT: And I will +? for NRT. Should be the DL model, awesome club. Nice staff, best food choices. If you gotta be stuck somewhere for hours....
BNA: Good to hear it is getting a remodel, that will be nice! I do hope they fix the bathroom issues.

LAS: That is interesting because I heard that CO has the rights to the other side of the routanda. Also there are two other places in the D Gates area for clubs but LAS airport doesn't want clubs from what I have heard. Glad to have the LAS club!

NRT: Nice club, used it a few times two years ago when CO PC got me in!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by TK73
MSY- Club is nice, and the staff is great.
Agree MSY is small, but suits the size of the station.

My constant complaints with nearly all of the Skyclubs, especially MEM, is the lack of enough toilets.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by MinnFlyBoy
Does UA have a Vegas Club. Depending on what CO/UA do on facilities the CO PC could be available. One of the best Ive been in.

DEN definitely needs one as well. A shame they closed the CR just prior to announicng the merger.
I think that club is doing well for CO and wont be going away. They have option to expand from what I hear.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:44 pm

BTW, the Oasis lounge is nice. It is pre-security but does offer a lot. All self-serve and there are showers if you need. Nice club and lots of road snacks!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I have to stand up for my gals (and the few gentlemen) at BOS. The service is among the best, the bathrooms are sparkly clean, the lounge is very comfotable, and the staff is second to none!!!
I always get a cold feeling from the employees at BOS but I agree with everything else. Only other comment I have is they really need to fix all the broken power outlets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.