FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL GM+ upgrades on AS to start 9/1/10 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1121598-dl-gm-upgrades-start-9-1-10-a.html)

flymonthly Aug 30, 2010 4:40 pm

DL GM+ upgrades on AS to start 9/1/10

This afternoon before my AS flight, I asked the GA in BOS if there was a schedule when DL medallion upgrades on AS were going to start. She said the word they had gotten was that it was going to begin 9/1/10 for GMs and above. I can't recall if she said 24 hours out or the day of the flight. Naturally, too late for my flight today, but at least it's soon. I was so excited/happy I forgot to ask if we were going to get free bags starting then as well.:D

golfingboy Aug 30, 2010 4:52 pm

I would be thrilled if this were true! The last word we got from AS was 10/1, but I surely hope 9/1 is the case! Please!!!!!

Can anyone with any official source or knowledge confirm or deny the 9/1 date, so we do not bombard the agents with questions regarding reciprocal upgrades.

I have three roundtrips on Delta this month and will be :(/:mad: if it is not going to happen in Sept.

EDIT: Called the Delta premium services line and they said no definite date has been announced yet.

beckoa Aug 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 14573845)
I would be thrilled if this were true! The last word we got from AS was 10/1, but I surely hope 9/1 is the case! Please!!!!!

Can anyone with any official source or knowledge confirm or deny the 9/1 date, so we do not bombard the agents with questions regarding reciprocal upgrades.

I have three roundtrips on Delta this month and will be :(/:mad: if it is not going to happen in Sept.

Hmm interesting...

This would be under the radar for sure... ;)

But perhaps DL elite upgrades on AS will begin before AS elite upgrades on DL :(

rylan Aug 30, 2010 7:01 pm

I've tried calling and emailing and I get answers ranging from don't know to its coming 'soon' with no definitive dates. Seems that nobody knows whats going on or if they do won't let us know... probably because every other date has been missed by a mile.

Call me skeptical again, but I'll believe it when I see it in my itinerary online showing 'requested' on my upcoming AS segments in Sept... and then only if I either clear or are actually on Alaska's upgrade list.

Who knows... maybe they're giving DL elites upgrades first since AS elites started getting free bags on DL before DL elites on AS :p

beckoa Aug 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 14574484)
Who knows... maybe they're giving DL elites upgrades first since AS elites started getting free bags on DL before DL elites on AS :p

I'd rather have an upgrade then free baggage (well if in F, there's free baggage too :p so I'll eat my cake :D)

Potay Aug 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Just flew AS yesterday - asked the Board Room if upgrade was possible. They said check with the Service Desk or with gate agent.

Service Desk Supervisor at SEA actually tried to do it, but said my fare class (K) was too low : ( She said it had to Y, B, M, or H (there might have been another one included, but i can't recall).

When i got to the gate, i asked the agent again, and she told me she just saw a memo that it was gonna start on 9/1 as well. So perhaps it is going to be in just a little over a day!

Originally Posted by flymonthly (Post 14573783)
This afternoon before my AS flight, I asked the GA in BOS if there was a schedule when DL medallion upgrades on AS were going to start. She said the word they had gotten was that it was going to begin 9/1/10 for GMs and above. I can't recall if she said 24 hours out or the day of the flight. Naturally, too late for my flight today, but at least it's soon. I was so excited/happy I forgot to ask if we were going to get free bags starting then as well.:D

rylan Aug 30, 2010 8:16 pm

I'll be keeping a close eye on my itineraries and see if anything changes with the upgrade status. Lets hope its coming in a couple days. Will be interesting to see how the equilavent elite levels get ranked.

golfingboy Aug 31, 2010 10:44 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 14574484)

Could care less about the free luggage benefit.... I want my UPGRADE!!!!

This weekend, I have three segments that is still wide open in F [F9] after the DM/PM window and that includes an ATL-LAX segment which is still showing F9 A9...

GBadger Aug 31, 2010 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 14578238)
and that includes an ATL-LAX segment which is still showing F9 A9...

And V?

I'm guessing that ATL-LAX will not see any AS MVPs upgraded, as generally there are PMs sitting in the back on that route.

golfingboy Aug 31, 2010 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger (Post 14579150)
And V?

I'm guessing that ATL-LAX will not see any AS MVPs upgraded, as generally there are PMs sitting in the back on that route.

V8 on both ATL-AUS-ATL and V4 for ATL-LAX... The flight after mine shows V9. It is under 4 days out now for all flights, so I am assuming all DM/PMs have been upgraded already.

GBadger Aug 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 14579463)
V8 on both ATL-AUS-ATL and V4 for ATL-LAX... The flight after mine shows V9. It is under 4 days out now for all flights, so I am assuming all DM/PMs have been upgraded already.

Sounds like you have a chance...

So you would need the following to score your upgrade on ATL-LAX:
- Less than 8 currently booked GMs and FOs
- No additional medallions booking revenue or award travel on that flight
- No late F purchases by non-medallions
- No medallions SDCing to that flight on day of travel (assuming your upgrade would go to the gate)
- No IROPS resulting in non-medallions rebooked in F
- No oversells the day before your flights on that route or similar routes (i.e. people that are bumped from the oversold ATL-SFO route to a ATL-LAX-SFO itinerary)

Still a lot to ask for, but I do agree that it's likely DMs and PMs have been upgraded. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

bocastephen Aug 31, 2010 2:32 pm

1) where will DL GM's fit in the AS upgrade pecking order?

2) when will AS Elites get upgrades on DL?

GBadger Aug 31, 2010 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 14579689)
1) where will DL GM's fit in the AS upgrade pecking order?

2) when will AS Elites get upgrades on DL?

I think golfingboy has more concrete information, but if I remember correctly:

1) DL GM's will be behind AS MVPG75, ASMVPG, ASMVP, DL DM and DL PM.
2) Presumably on the same day that DL medallions get upgrades on AS. If you mean when relative to the flight, I believe that it's after FOs at 24 hours, or at the gate after DL medallions on revenue and award tickets if the upgrade bucket is empty.

bocastephen Aug 31, 2010 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger (Post 14579731)
I think golfingboy has more concrete information, but if I remember correctly:

1) DL GM's will be behind AS MVPG75, ASMVPG, ASMVP, DL DM and DL PM.
2) Presumably on the same day that DL medallions get upgrades on AS. If you mean when relative to the flight, I believe that it's after FOs at 24 hours, or at the gate after DL medallions on revenue and award tickets if the upgrade bucket is empty.

Basically, it sounds like neither partner's Elites will get many upgrades on the other's flights....but there is no question that the home airline's Elites should get upgraded first unless some sort of CO/NW-like arrangement is planned.

GBadger Aug 31, 2010 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 14579827)
Basically, it sounds like neither partner's Elites will get many upgrades on the other's flights....but there is no question that the home airline's Elites should get upgraded first unless some sort of CO/NW-like arrangement is planned.

That's how I understand it, and I think it would be a difficult sell to DL medallions to do it the CO/NW way, since there is no way that AS would upgrade DL DMs ahead of their own MVPG75s, despite the fact that they require an extra 50k miles per year to qualify.