Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can the skyclub change a seat for day pass holder/non medal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

I am a frequent flyer but use a couple different airlines so not enough flights for medal on Delta.

I am doing a weekend DTW/LAS trip this weekend. I booked the flight about 6 weeks in advance and have a good seat going tomorrow but coming back from LAS sunday there were no seats showing up on the seat map and it assigned me a middle row towards the back of the plane. The seat map is still showing no available seats.

I will be using a day pass at the sky club tomorrow. Will the lounge attendant have the ability to change my seat on the return trip Sunday or am I going to have to wait until I check in for the return trip or talk to an agent at LAS sunday and hope the seat map opens up for a better seat?

I used a day pass a few weeks ago when I was doing a weekend DTW to LGA flight and due to bad weather in DTW a bunch of flights got cancelled including mine and the agent at the skyclub rebooked the trip for the following morning to EWR and put me in F (I even got the 50% bonus miles somehow). I wasn't sure if it was common for the agent to do it for a day pass holder or if they just did it that day because of the flight being cancelled.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
A day pass holder can enjoy all the amenities of the Skyclub, including the customer service desk. If seats aren't available on the flight, however, they can't do much.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
yes the agents have the same access as any non-gate airport agent does...meaning DL holds some seats back for gate use only

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.