Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
So is the question of "nonstop" still a gray area? The ad says "...to over 70 countries." Clearly one cannot fly from RDU nonstop to over 70 countries (although you can go to Germany). One could fly nonstop from RDU to any hub and go to many countries...

Has anyone already asked for clarification on this? I read the whole thread and didn't see an answer. I could easily do a couple of European flights from RDU (via say MSP) for some extra MQMs. I just wouldn't want to do that and find out Duesseldorf was the only option.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:47 pm
Suspended

I registered for all four and none are showing up under Manage My Account/My SkyMiles Promotions. Odd.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
I registered for all four and none are showing up under Manage My Account/My SkyMiles Promotions. Odd.
Same, never had a problem with promo's sticking to my profile however these four do not show on my profile as well.

I'm itchin' to book a few Int flights out of RDU or BNA... suppose it's back to the double/triple SM deals.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jredknapp11
Same, never had a problem with promo's sticking to my profile however these four do not show on my profile as well.

I'm itchin' to book a few Int flights out of RDU or BNA... suppose it's back to the double/triple SM deals.
Give it 24 hours or so. My BNA sign up posted the next day and STL should post in a few hours if it follows suit.

This will make some STL/BNA to SVO runs for you and me really, really add up me thinks!
Old Jun 19, 2010, 1:58 am

The snack basket is a joke. This is common the BDL to ATL flight and that is typically over two hours. They can do better than that. At least decent sandwiches ...
Old Jun 19, 2010, 5:04 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mc40638
The snack basket is a joke. This is common the BDL to ATL flight and that is typically over two hours. They can do better than that. At least decent sandwiches ...
Wrong thread maybe?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 5:27 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I think when most of us first read this promo, we all thought right away that it's DMQM's for ANY & ALL segments for the rest of the year as long as the round trip originates & terminates in one of the four cities, but, I'm still really confused as I read and re-read the details of this - in particluar about the DMQM's - It says . . .

. . . . fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating and terminating in Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) by December 31, 2010, and earn double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) for each paid flight on Delta-coded flights and 5,000 bonus miles for flights . . . .

This makes me think that the DMQM's applies ONLY to the non-stop flight to/from the hub and single MQM's for the connecting flight PLUS the bonus miles depending on where you're ending up and what cabin you paid for.

For example:

PIT/DTW DMQM's
DTW/LAX Single MQM's
LAX/ATL Single MQM's
ATL/PIT DMQM's
Plus 10,000 Bonus non MQM Miles

And if this is the case, from PIT, for example, the longest flight for DMQM's is PIT/MSP @ 726 miles. Obviously nobody here knows, yet, if this is the way the scheme is going to work. If they really don't post the bonuses til early 2011, we really won't know how to calculate our Medallion Status til everything posts - - which is a lttle CRAZY!

Another important question is about partner flights. Iit also says . . . "Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer." If you have an itinerary such as PIT/DTW/AMS/TXL, does the AMS/TXL flight on KL totally disqualify the whole itinerary from ANY BONUSES???
Old Jun 19, 2010, 5:32 am

Programs: DL MM/DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG Plat, Priority Plat, Sky Club, Admirals Club
Well, as long as we're splitting hairs over the language in the bonus offer:

25,000 bonus miles for international destinations flown in Economy class (Y,B,M,H,Q,K,L,U,T) or 50,000 bonus miles for international destinations flown in Business Class (J,D,C,I).
Note that upgraded fare classes are not listed and the offer specifically says class flown rather than class booked.

I wonder what they're gonna do to people on upgrades for these flights?????

Opos.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
Does this promotion work with DL coded flights with KL and Af?
So I assuming this itinerary would work for the double MQM's

RDU-ATL
ATL-ZRH
ZRH-ATL
ATL-RDU

All on the same PNR....
I would get my bonus miles correct?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by woody125
Give it 24 hours or so. My BNA sign up posted the next day and STL should post in a few hours if it follows suit.

This will make some STL/BNA to SVO runs for you and me really, really add up me thinks!
First thing that went off in my head when I saw this, SVO time ! These deals could be out of SEA and I'd still fly out there to rack up those miles. If this does go for 2011 MQM's even better with the SVO upgrade going on, you and I are going to be living the good life soon enough If you do a BNA run, you might want to check out getting a low cost Pres Club through US, great facility at BNA.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
Originally Posted by davetravels
I think when most of us first read this promo, we all thought right away that it's DMQM's for ANY & ALL segments for the rest of the year as long as the round trip originates & terminates in one of the four cities, but, I'm still really confused as I read and re-read the details of this - in particluar about the DMQM's - It says . . .

. . . . fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating and terminating in Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) by December 31, 2010, and earn double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) for each paid flight on Delta-coded flights and 5,000 bonus miles for flights . . . .

This makes me think that the DMQM's applies ONLY to the non-stop flight to/from the hub and single MQM's for the connecting flight PLUS the bonus miles depending on where you're ending up and what cabin you paid for.

For example:

PIT/DTW DMQM's
DTW/LAX Single MQM's
LAX/ATL Single MQM's
ATL/PIT DMQM's
Plus 10,000 Bonus non MQM Miles

And if this is the case, from PIT, for example, the longest flight for DMQM's is PIT/MSP @ 726 miles. Obviously nobody here knows, yet, if this is the way the scheme is going to work. If they really don't post the bonuses til early 2011, we really won't know how to calculate our Medallion Status til everything posts - - which is a lttle CRAZY!

Another important question is about partner flights. Iit also says . . . "Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer." If you have an itinerary such as PIT/DTW/AMS/TXL, does the AMS/TXL flight on KL totally disqualify the whole itinerary from ANY BONUSES???

You are absolutely correct that the entire offering is clear as mud. Where does the ultimate clarification come from and can we rely on that interpretation to remain valid when the miles are supposed to post??

If PIT to Paris non-stop is on DL and not code share then, it would appear to be the longest flight to qualify with no questions raised

Had to edit: Guess there will always be questions as long as we receive "The promotion you are trying to view does not exist."

Last edited by mmargel; Jun 19, 2010 at 6:33 am Reason: to expand
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by jredknapp11
First thing that went off in my head when I saw this, SVO time ! These deals could be out of SEA and I'd still fly out there to rack up those miles. If this does go for 2011 MQM's even better with the SVO upgrade going on, you and I are going to be living the good life soon enough If you do a BNA run, you might want to check out getting a low cost Pres Club through US, great facility at BNA.
What is the Pres Club you speak of at BNA? There are two lounges here Admirals Club and Sky Club. Presidents Club is CO product and the US lounge product is US Airways Lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Registered on Thr and it's showing under "SkyMiles Promotions Status" page but when I click "Big Bonuses Out of STL" I'm still getting the error....

"Promotion Not Found
The promotion you are trying to view does not exist."
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Scott6067
What is the Pres Club you speak of at BNA? There are two lounges here Admirals Club and Sky Club. Presidents Club is CO product and the US lounge product is US Airways Lounge.
I tend to call them all Pres Club's regardless of affiliation or name but yes I am speaking of US.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm finding it pretty hard to believe that DL intends to give DMQM on ALL travel for almost 6 months for certain travelers, PLUS the bonus RDM.**

So I'm going to go with bonus RDM and DMQM on the BNA/PIT/RDU/STL-xxx segment (and back) only.

Which makes me chuckle, as DL has once again worded the terms of the promo in the way to cause the most confusion and ill-will amongst its customers as possible. Can't wait for the $%&* storm when the bonus finally posts and all the folks expecting DMQM for their entire itineraries don't get what they were expecting.

** And if they DO intend to do that, can we say "holy elite inflation batman!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.