Sky Club Question on 1st Class Flight

Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Sky Club Question on 1st Class Flight

Hi All,

Glad I found this sight to hopefully get an answer to a question. My family and I are flying 1st class on a transcontinental flight from Miami to San Francisco through Atlanta.

I have read on the Delta Sky Club Page that 1st Class pax on transcontinental flights have access to the Sky Club.

Is this true?? Any experiences? Thanks so much.

Dan
Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
From JFK they do. not sure about ATL but le tme check
Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Seems like Just JFK
Same day travel on a nonstop Delta flight between: JFK to/from Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, and San Francisco

https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp
Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:51 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
You have to be traveling on a nonstop flight from JFK, as HWGeeks confirmed.
A connecting flight in ATL is not eligible. If you were flying MIA-JFK-SFO and were in first, then you WOULD be eligible.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 2:43 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
yeah...

yeah ... the free SkyClub access for trans-con is only for the new Business Elite service out of JFK.

Sorry ...
Old Apr 4, 2010, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. I will probably end up getting the day pass then, as that is not too expensive and my layover in Atl is LONG, so it will be worth every penny.

Thanks again,
Dan
Old Apr 4, 2010, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smithers853
Thanks for all the responses. I will probably end up getting the day pass then, as that is not too expensive and my layover in Atl is LONG, so it will be worth every penny.

Thanks again,
Dan
Um, you are aware that the day pass does not permit guests? If you plan on bringing the family in, you'll need to buy each of them a pass. Edit to add that there is a 30-day membership option for $90 (that would allow the family entrance).
Old Apr 4, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by vincentppetty
yeah ... the free SkyClub access for trans-con is only for the new Business Elite service out of JFK.

Sorry ...
Not completely true. Free SkyClub is for a handful of transcon routes direct from JFK, including many (most) that are just normal domestic first/business seats.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by troyb
Not completely true. Free SkyClub is for a handful of transcon routes direct from JFK, including many (most) that are just normal domestic first/business seats.
And it was a benefit long before the service to LAX and SFO converted to the BizE planes. It even covers the pseudo-transcons like DEN, LAS and PHX.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by LBJ
Um, you are aware that the day pass does not permit guests? If you plan on bringing the family in, you'll need to buy each of them a pass. Edit to add that there is a 30-day membership option for $90 (that would allow the family entrance).
Great advice, as the 30 day membership would be good on both legs of your trip!

David
Old May 29, 2010, 6:33 am

Still confused

I paid for a First/Business Class ticked from MSY to Venice, Italy with a 3 hour layover in Atlanta. Will I be able to use the Sky Clubs in New Orleans and Atlanta?
Old May 29, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by loulani
I paid for a First/Business Class ticked from MSY to Venice, Italy with a 3 hour layover in Atlanta. Will I be able to use the Sky Clubs in New Orleans and Atlanta?
Yes... International BE passengers get access.
Old May 29, 2010, 7:04 am

Thank you!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: Free Agent
Flying paid Biz class LAX-ATL-SJU. Will I get access to ATL Sky Clubs? If so, which one is the most comfortable for 3 hour layover? Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.