Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
No shower in BOS... that would be the one thing I'd say the larger satellite club could use. Other than that, a kitchen etc is very unlikely to happen. The rest of the amenities are on par with other clubs, and I'd argue that BOS is much nicer due to not being packed or overcrowded, and also having excellent agents.

As an aside, I thought they killed the menus at JFK T4 anyway. When I was in there recently the kiosks to place orders were all removed and there were no menus for food, only bev. They had the expanded buffet offering with a couple additional hot choices like ATL E/F.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rylan
No shower in BOS... that would be the one thing I'd say the larger satellite club could use. Other than that, a kitchen etc is very unlikely to happen. The rest of the amenities are on par with other clubs, and I'd argue that BOS is much nicer due to not being packed or overcrowded, and also having excellent agents.

As an aside, I thought they killed the menus at JFK T4 anyway. When I was in there recently the kiosks to place orders were all removed and there were no menus for food, only bev. They had the expanded buffet offering with a couple additional hot choices like ATL E/F.
Good observation. I noticed the expanded buffet @ JFK, but didn't realize that replaced the menus/meals. BOS could surely accommodate an expanded buffet and a few showers in the larger club. I'm sure the Business crowd catching an evening flight to Europe or even longer west coast flights (SLC & LAX) would appreciate the expanded buffet and showers.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:55 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
While we're dreaming, imagine what they could do if they built out the space that was going to be the satellite BusinessElite lounge, combining it with the existing satellite SC to create a mega-Sky Club. I have no expectation that it'll ever happen, but wouldn't it be nice?
Old May 23, 2016, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CKDGM
While we're dreaming, imagine what they could do if they built out the space that was going to be the satellite BusinessElite lounge, combining it with the existing satellite SC to create a mega-Sky Club. I have no expectation that it'll ever happen, but wouldn't it be nice?
That'd be pretty sweet, as well as if they added a SkyDeck like JFK has. With BOS being surrounded by water it sure would be nice May-October. Don't foresee any expansion ever happening unless MASSPORT reallocated some of the SkyTeam carriers to A once WN moves to B. Even without an expansion some slight comestic branding updates would be a pretty easy fix, as well as additional food/expanded buffet.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by rylan

I was very impressed by the large international departure area skyclub in Boston. Great food choices pleasant staff and they rolled out shrimp lobster and salmon on a cart to try. Good job Boston.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: Delta PM
which SC is better? main terminal or satellite? is it worth it to check out both clubs? i rarely fly from BOS and haven't been to either club.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Crossinator
which SC is better? main terminal or satellite? is it worth it to check out both clubs? i rarely fly from BOS and haven't been to either club.
If you have time check out both - food & beverage is the same. The Satellite club is substantially larger and a lot less likely to be crowded (the A7 club can get VERY crowded especially during the morning and afternoon peaks). Views from the Satellite club are also much better (the A7 club only looks out over the terminal's interior).
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah, the main one services a lot of the BOS-JFK/LGA shuttle flights so gets busy for business times and can fill up. Still never had a problem getting a seat in there however, even when it looked full during irops events.

Satellite one is a lot bigger, although it doesn't have seating at the bar if you prefer to hang out there.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Definitely crowded tonight given the Irrops. Just curious, when are they actually going to make the improvements to the SC? I've seen the little 'pardon our appearance' papers on the walls for months. Will there be any renovations? Or maybe 'enhancements'?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
This going to sound a tad crazy but I am going to be flying Delta (with checked luggage) into Logan in the morning from Richmond and have a flight on JetBlue Mint that afternoon and my plan was to check my luggage over at JetBlue than go hang out in the SkyClub but it seems from what I am reading that you can't just seamlessly move between terminals at Logan post security like you can at a lot of airports. Is my plan at all feasible?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Miesque
This going to sound a tad crazy but I am going to be flying Delta (with checked luggage) into Logan in the morning from Richmond and have a flight on JetBlue Mint that afternoon and my plan was to check my luggage over at JetBlue than go hang out in the SkyClub but it seems from what I am reading that you can't just seamlessly move between terminals at Logan post security like you can at a lot of airports. Is my plan at all feasible?
I don't believe there is any airside connection between A (Delta) and C (JetBlue).
There is a Priority Pass lounge in C.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Miesque
I would just head over to Jet Blue in terminal C and check out the (3!) Priority Pass lounges that are airside (C and E are connected airside, so you can check out the Air France lounge in Terminal E).
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: Delta GM
Does anybody know if the SkyClubs will be operating normal hours on July 4th? I don't see it addressed anywhere on the Delta site.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Wondering if any updates. Does both lounge have same food for breakfast. Is satellite still less crowded with great views. I remembering hearing they were going to renovate satellite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.