FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Air Europa's baggage allowance and website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1063136-air-europas-baggage-allowance-website.html)

renhelm Mar 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Air Europa's baggage allowance and website

I booked a flight from Barcelona to London (BCN-LGW) on Air Europa.

I have tried to book on Air Europa's website and found it very user unfriendly. So I tried travelocity, but the flight I klicked on was never available after inputing CC numbers; so I tried another website.

I finally booked the flight on some travel website and they took a few days before they actually ticketed; strangly my CC was charged more than the original price and I forced the agency to refund the difference. Anyway after all that I contacted the airline about my baggage allowance for me as a DL PM or a SkyTeam Elite Plus member.

Air Europa wrote back and told me to ask Delta about my baggage allowance. So I contacted Delta and they didn't know. Then I figured I write to Air France (Air Europas' Flying Blue sponsor) and they wanted to know my ticket number. After giving them my ticket specifics they told me I get to take 20 pounds more than normal which gives me a total of 70 pounds. Than Air Europa wrote back to my second inquiry and told me I can only take 23kg for free like everyone else.

Now I am asking this forum about Air Europa and their useless website and about a clear direction on baggage allowance that I can take to that check-in agent or I call it the bag-nazi

Tickets were more than twice the price of Easyjet and more than BA but they fit my schedule and airports and they are in SkyTeam. Air Europa sure seems like a 3rd world airline so far.

What experiences do FT members have with Air Europa and does anyone have details on their lagguage allowance. thanks

AndyTLe Mar 14, 2010 11:58 pm

From AirEuropa's website

AirEuropa.com > Flying Blue > Platinum Benefits > Extra baggage allowance

Platinum benefits with SkyTeam

Extra baggage allowance

If you are traveling to a destination subject to weight restrictions, we offer an additional allowance of 44 lbs (20 kg) when you fly AIR FRANCE, KLM, Air Europa and Kenya Airways.* This is 44 lbs (20 kg) more than the regular baggage limit authorized for the class in which you are traveling.
http://www.aireuropa.com/us/en/flyingblue/default.html

renhelm Mar 15, 2010 12:30 am

Thanks for that link, here is my problem with that:

It refers to "Flying Blue" and not to SkyTeam or to Delta Medallion. I know KLM has recocnized Delta Medallion for me last year. I am just not sure about Air Europa and their employees.

And why does Air Europa write to me that I get nothing extra and Air France tells me 20 pounds (not Kilos). Dont they know anything?

I just don't want to get to the Airport without a print-out of their policies, especially in Spain. In our days mostly dummies get jobs with the airlines.

It looks like Delta doesn't give premium Flying Blue members any extra lugguage allowance or am I wrong there?

redtailshark Mar 15, 2010 12:36 am

I was concerned about this issue too.

I flew UX last week, MAD to FCO. All I can say is that I only had one bag and it was under 20k and I did not get charged. I asked for my DL number to be input and I was given an exit row seat. It was quite decent service, overall.

Except that UX hasn't credited to SM yet. Whether it ever will or not, who can know. It would be too depressing for this failure to be yet another :-: best in class :-: performance by SM but I don't know how long crediting takes so I can't say that...yet.

seychellesbound Nov 24, 2010 10:45 am

Originally Posted by redtailshark (Post 13577215)
I was concerned about this issue too.

I flew UX last week, MAD to FCO. All I can say is that I only had one bag and it was under 20k and I did not get charged. I asked for my DL number to be input and I was given an exit row seat. It was quite decent service, overall.

Except that UX hasn't credited to SM yet. Whether it ever will or not, who can know. It would be too depressing for this failure to be yet another :-: best in class :-: performance by SM but I don't know how long crediting takes so I can't say that...yet.

Did you ever get credit from DL for this flight?