Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The best and worst of PSS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
The best and worst of PSS

All I can say is wow....

Booked a flight online earlier today, K class to HNL. Upgrades were available for all but ATL-LAX and LAX-ATL segment. Fine. Called, got the upgrades confirmed, told 'em I'd do the PMU thing tomorrow (these are expiring certs).

Plans changed this afternoon - I can leave a bit earler. EF shows G available for all segments exc. LAX-ATL for the revised times. Prices the same. I'm happy. Try to cancel the earlier flights online under the 24 hour "no risk" - site says "can't do, you must call us". Fine, I'll call and see whether they can change it for no charge or blow it out and start again.

Get someone in Cincinnati PSS - very good, very helpful. Confirms that G is available, prices new itinerary, it prices $400 higher than online. She says that they won't catch the double booking until later, so book it online and call right away. After new itin is upgraded, cancel old. I'm happy.

Hang up with her, book new itin online, get same price as old itin, call PSS again.

SMS agent says I can't upgrade LAX-HNL, HNL-LAX (EF is still showing G9). Why not, I say, I'm using a PMU. She says "not eligible, you've booked a K fare". Me: "that's eligible". Her: "You have to be YBM for the over water segments" Me: It's North America, it's valid for K and above - just look at my other itinerary that's upgraded with G. Her: "Hmmm. OK. I guess you're right".

Sigh.

So we do the upgrades. Go to cancel the old itinerary. She can't cancel and refund. She has to call "customer service". 10 minutes later, she's back - the original itinerary and ticket have been voided (and, in fact, they don't show in my itin list, so at least that part's right). I ask if it's refunded to me, she says yes.

I then ask if she waitlisted me for the G upgrade LAX-ATL. "you're upgrade shows requested". Me: "Did you waitlist/request for both G and V?" Her: "You don't need to". Me: "Yes, I do - if anything opens in either class, I'll be on the list" Her: "Can I do that". Me: "The other itinerary had just such a waitlist in it". Her: "Oh, I see. You're all set". Sure enough, it's now showing online.

Yes, I know the rule - hang up and call back. The first woman was superb. The second sounds like she never works premium customers....
Old Feb 25, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold   |   Former: DL Diamond, HA Pualani Gold
Why didn't you book the direct ATL-HNL nonstop? I'm flying DCA-ATL-HNL in April (did it back in October/November as well), and the direct ATL-HNL leg has a great first class product using BE (ex-NW-WBC) semi-flat seats.

I've booked the return overnight leg as a K fare (all other legs as T) and used a mileage upgrade for that portion.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I share your frustration my man, I share it. I hate having to teach the SMS agents about the fare rules, wait-lists, upgrades, etc about the very airline THEY work for. Its embarrassing for both of us. I called DL last week and had an agent insist that SQ offers only 2 classes, coach and BusinessElite. It took me 5 minutes to explain that no, thats not even close to being accurate. . I then had to do the EXACT same thing with respect to explaining that wait-listing on G/Z is a completely different thing then requesting V/X.

I can only hope none of these agents will be allowed to touch the new DM "VIP" line, but that remains to be seen (as does the VIP line, for that matter).
Old Feb 26, 2010, 3:48 am
k2

A few weeks ago I posted that I've had better service from the Plat line... unfortunately it seems that was a fluke. Over the past week they've been straight up pathetic. The agents have either been incapable of getting things done, or worse, feeding me false information / not doing what they said they would. The result has left me stranded in Prague (due to a mysterious 'cancellation' of my return trip), forcing a risky connection through winter-wonderland JFK, in coach instead of biz. In the end the people that sorted the whole thing out, and worked their butts off to find me a way home, were the Czech Airlines folks (after numerous failed attempts with DL people).

I am shocked by the PM agent's lack of ability & desire to make things right - if I had a nickel for every time a PM agent has told me "Sorry, I can't help" or "you'll have to do that at the airport."

I had my share of run-ins with NW, but at least the PE agents would fix problems and I could trust things were right when the conversation ended. Not so with DL.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:12 am

Well, at least you got someone on the phone. Right now I'm getting a "call cannot be completed as dialed" message...
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
I've been asking where agents are from, and have found CVG to be the biggest mixed bag in terms of agent quality. SLC has always met or exceeded the quality I came to expect from Chisholm agents. I got one agent from TPA who was totally incompetent, but I don't believe that they usually take PM calls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.