Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do you earn miles if booked on Expedia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold

A trip next week to Austin is quite a bit less expensive if booked on expedia vs. delta.com. I plan to book it but I've never used a third party site before. Will I still earn my delta miles?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
.Yes.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:59 pm

I think the disadvantage of using Expedia is that you don't have 24 hours to cancel penalty free.

Last edited by BF263533; Feb 17, 2010 at 12:45 am
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:52 pm

When you are entering your personal info, there should be a box for FF#, make sure you look for it. The program will not alert you if you miss it.
I have also added FF# later online and also at the gate. Smooth flying - enjoy the view!!

Last edited by uaflr; Feb 16, 2010 at 10:54 pm Reason: spacing
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:02 pm

I thought Delta had a guarantee that you could get the lowest available fare on delta.com.

Am I misremembering or, perhaps worse, being naive

CV
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
YES two different ways of doint it. One when you enter your personal info with exp or any other travel agency just supply them with you. SM FF number or ask for credit from Dl direct after your flight is conpleted by supplying them with the tix number and your SM number be email.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by CalVol
I thought Delta had a guarantee that you could get the lowest available fare on delta.com.

CV
Oh I think the Best Fare Guarantee is still offered, however, there have been no reports to my knowledge of DL ever paying up. So, if Expedia or Orbitz are cheaper, book there, but don't waste your time complaining to DL customer service about it being less than DL.com.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 1:01 am

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by CalVol

CV
DL's "Best Fare Guarantee" is basically a steaming pile of crap. It only counts if the fare you found on each website use the same fare basis. Which means it is virtually impossible for the sites to caculate a different price that qualifies for their "guarantee." In effect, DL's computers would have to miscalculate the price of the fare. Quite frankly, that ain't gonna happen.

The fact that DL shows you the wrong fare basis doesn't qualify!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I've booked on Expedia, supplied my FF number, then not have my itinerary show up when I log into dl.com. A quick phone call fixed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.