Temporary card

Subscribe
I haven't received my new Gold card and the current runs out Feb. 28. I will be traveling alot and it will be hard to get the physical card even if it is in the mail. WorldPerks had a feature that you could print a copy of your current card to use in situations like this but I don't find anything like that at t he Delta website. Any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Keep your current Gold card? Everything in the system will still show you as Elite.
Quote: Keep your current Gold card? Everything in the system will still show you as Elite.
Yes the card actually does nothing except where you have to show it (not even sure when that is anymore) but an old card has your SM number on it so that is all you need.

I don't think I have taken my Plat card out of the wallet in 8 years.
Current card is fine - your BP will still show you as a Gold. Unless traveling on a partner (from my experiences on AS, they like to see the elite card for pre-board), there isn't much need for a Gold card to be brought out (the only times I show my PM card are to slide into the kiosk, pre-board on Alaska and to access ST lounges on international itineraries).
I haven't carried an FF card for over 10 years. I just have a small laminated list of all of the numbers. I don't currently have any status, but over those years have had various levels with 4 different airlines, several hotel and car chains, and have never had a need to physically possess a card.
Quote: I haven't carried an FF card for over 10 years. I just have a small laminated list of all of the numbers. I don't currently have any status, but over those years have had various levels with 4 different airlines, several hotel and car chains, and have never had a need to physically possess a card.
That is my experience as well though mersk862 brings up a valid point. I think you need the card for certain clubs Internationally. I use AMS/NRT/HKG internationally for the most part and you do not need one there.

I think on AS you get your BP with the gold boxes and that is what lets them know you can board early.
As others have said you probably don't need your new card and can use your old card for the time being. And maybe you will get the new card before 2/28 anyhow?

But yes, it is sadly another thing that delta.com cannot seem to do that NWA.com did.