Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Sign in using an external account

Old Feb 12, 10, 7:13 pm   #1

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold, AA EXP
Is the Delta website down?

I've been trying to check for several hours whether my wife made a good decision in canceling her flight today DTW-ATL-PDX since so many ATL flights had been canceled.But on trying to access the site I get a message that it is temporarily unavailable. Yet my son on the West Coast is able to access the site (and find that the ATL-PDX flight is now delayed several hours)
NWAOldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 10, 7:18 pm   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAOldtimer View Post
I've been trying to check for several hours whether my wife made a good decision in canceling her flight today DTW-ATL-PDX since so many ATL flights had been canceled.But on trying to access the site I get a message that it is temporarily unavailable. Yet my son on the West Coast is able to access the site (and find that the ATL-PDX flight is now delayed several hours)
DL.COM seems to be working fine even though ATL is basically down.

Last edited by zman; Feb 12, 10 at 7:25 pm..
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 10, 7:21 pm   #3

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, DL PM 1MM & UA G
It's a joke

I've been on hold for 40 minutes with reservations......this sucks.....did not even try the website....as I posted a few minutes ago this is like dealing with Aeroflot.....I'm a lowly 1MM silver but 40 minutes on hold....give me a break.....yes atlanta had snow but as a AA plat I got Tues from NYC to ORD and got upgraded doing the deal on my iphone in the cab....
bcj1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 10, 7:29 pm   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcj1949 View Post
I've been on hold for 40 minutes with reservations......this sucks.....did not even try the website....as I posted a few minutes ago this is like dealing with Aeroflot.....I'm a lowly 1MM silver but 40 minutes on hold....give me a break.....yes atlanta had snow but as a AA plat I got Tues from NYC to ORD and got upgraded doing the deal on my iphone in the cab....
No airline can handle the volume of issues they are having due to weather.
We all know it is frustrating, BUT .....................
It will take DL days to recover and they are going to have lot's of unhappy customers.
Days late in arrivals
Missed valentine weekends
Missed vacations (Vacation week in the Northeast)
Missed Cruise boats
and more
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 10, 7:42 pm   #5

Programs: DL Silver, *wood Plat, HHonors, Carlson, PC Gold, National Emerald Exec
Thats the way it always runs.
Old Feb 12, 10, 10:13 pm   #6
LBJ

Programs: DL DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAOldtimer View Post
I was getting that message as well until I cleared my cookies for delta.com which fixed the problem.
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote