Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2014, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
I've found FEBO very hit or miss. Never had a problem on even flights (though I've never flown on the A330 where the galley is behind the cabin). My strategy, when I have a choice (assuming booking in advance or an UG clearing and there still being a wide enough range of seats to choose from) is on even flights, I feel confident in picking a seat up front and getting my meal choice. On odd flights, I select a row towards the middle figuring I'm covered regardless of whether FEBO is followed or not.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
I've found FEBO very hit or miss. Never had a problem on even flights (though I've never flown on the A330 where the galley is behind the cabin). My strategy, when I have a choice (assuming booking in advance or an UG clearing and there still being a wide enough range of seats to choose from) is on even flights, I feel confident in picking a seat up front and getting my meal choice. On odd flights, I select a row towards the middle figuring I'm covered regardless of whether FEBO is followed or not.
This is what I always do. I don't like the first row of any domestic F cabin (and I've only ever been in BE once, so I don't even worry about that), and actually prefer the back row on most (737, MDs, CR9/7). I've had FEBO enough times that I pick a seat in the middle, especially on aircraft with a large F cabin, like the 757, just to err on the side of caution.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Just another data point...

IME, FEBO is followed most of the time for dom flts. Not always, but most of the time.

For intl flts, FEBO is rarely (if ever) used. The purser seems to start with the first row and work backward. That said, it is more rare not to get a meal choice on an intl flt so not as much of an issue.
Old May 17, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Just another data point...

IME, FEBO is followed most of the time for dom flts. Not always, but most of the time.

For intl flts, FEBO is rarely (if ever) used. The purser seems to start with the first row and work backward. That said, it is more rare not to get a meal choice on an intl flt so not as much of an issue.
Matches my experience too... always front-to-back taking orders on int'l. I've never not gotten my choice, but my seats tend to be in the middle of the cabin. Domestic seems to be sometimes FEBO, sometimes not.

There's a tenet of Murphy's law that says FEBO will only ever be used whenever I'm sitting in 1A on an odd numbered flight.
Old May 17, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I don't like FEBO on international flights as I select a seat up front in part to get serviced quickly so I can sleep (although 7A on the 777 does the same thing).

So the 333s now serve from the back and I tried (in 2A) one of those quick meals and it didn't work well for me as it changed some of the foods one gets and don't save time if you want a real dessert.
Old May 18, 2014, 4:10 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Xeno
I don't like FEBO on international flights as I select a seat up front in part to get serviced quickly so I can sleep (although 7A on the 777 does the same thing).
7A no longer does the same thing with the new (smaller) BE configuration. All service is from the forward galley.
Old May 18, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by bennos
7A no longer does the same thing with the new (smaller) BE configuration. All service is from the forward galley.
Hmmm. DL started doing back to front in the 744 UD when they first started using trays but I was among those who campaigned - with the support of the FAs and purser - to change this and at least when I am in 73A it seems like they always start from the front now.

So sad about the loss of so many BE seats and now they have taken away part of my joy of riding in 7A in the 777.
Old May 18, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, Delta Amex Reserve
I had a domestic odd numbered flight on a 767-300 yesterday morning. I paid for FC and picked seat 4D as my optimal option for food choice and not being in the back row. The FA began from row 1 asking for food choice and as it turned out, I was actually the very last person in the entire cabin asked for their preference. A few minutes later the FA came back and said my option was not available. I VERY politely asked if this was an odd numbered flight, if service was not supposed to begin from the back. She, before really registering what I said, very rudely told me not to be difficult. I told her I was not trying to be difficult and not to worry about it. She then realized what I said, looked at the top of her manifest and verified the flight number. She said I was 100% right and apologized sincerely. I said, it was still early and that i would be fine. As she continued to apologize I recalled the passenger to my right had rudely refused the food item that was my preference, and only wanted fruit. His conversation went back and forth with her wanting to give him the food, and him refusing it. I brought up that exchange and said I'd love to have his food that was clearly unwanted. She laughed and said that worked out perfect.

I don't know. Maybe I'm a DYKWIA in this instance, but when I actually pay for and pick a seat in FC and not just get an upgrade, I expect the service for which I paid.

Everything worked out in the end, and the FA was very attentive and kind for the rest of the flight, but it was a little frustrating to see procedure ignored after paying $1600.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Yesterday, LAX-JFK, BE cabin, even numbered flight, 767, FA went down C/D front to back, then started down A/B, front to back. Ran out of one of the choices at around 2A.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by adam1080
I had a domestic odd numbered flight on a 767-300 yesterday morning. I paid for FC and picked seat 4D as my optimal option for food choice and not being in the back row. The FA began from row 1 asking for food choice and as it turned out, I was actually the very last person in the entire cabin asked for their preference. A few minutes later the FA came back and said my option was not available. I VERY politely asked if this was an odd numbered flight, if service was not supposed to begin from the back. She, before really registering what I said, very rudely told me not to be difficult. I told her I was not trying to be difficult and not to worry about it. She then realized what I said, looked at the top of her manifest and verified the flight number. She said I was 100% right and apologized sincerely. I said, it was still early and that i would be fine. As she continued to apologize I recalled the passenger to my right had rudely refused the food item that was my preference, and only wanted fruit. His conversation went back and forth with her wanting to give him the food, and him refusing it. I brought up that exchange and said I'd love to have his food that was clearly unwanted. She laughed and said that worked out perfect.
I was on a MSP-FLL 2 weeks ago that was an odd number. I was trying to get to the middle but ended up in 5C. The FA ran out of options by the time he got to me. I politely also asked why he started in the front. He first tried to say he is new to 'this flight' then realized what I was asking and also apologized for not following FEBO.

What really made me mad was after the service was complete, I smelled the ovens cooking again. They saved a couple of sandwiches out for themselves and were cooking them up. I made a little visit to the lav and gave a little nod to the sandwich as he gobbled it down in the jumpseat. A whole new kind of SHENA!
Old May 20, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by adam1080

I don't know. Maybe I'm a DYKWIA in this instance, but when I actually pay for and pick a seat in FC and not just get an upgrade, I expect the service for which I paid.

Everything worked out in the end, and the FA was very attentive and kind for the rest of the flight, but it was a little frustrating to see procedure ignored after paying $1600.
This sounds exactly what happened to me too! She was apologetic but still, I too paid quite a bit for my FC ticket and didn't get my choice of meal even though I was sitting in the back on an odd numbered flight.
Old May 20, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Yesterday, LAX-JFK, BE cabin, even numbered flight, 767, FA went down C/D front to back, then started down A/B, front to back. Ran out of one of the choices at around 2A.
Well that really throws us off as to what seat to choose to get our choice of a meal!
Old May 20, 2014, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Old May 11, 2017, 2:35 pm

Any recent experiences on MSP-HNL- MSP on A333 ?
Old May 11, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Any recent experiences on MSP-HNL- MSP on A333 ?
A330 take orders front to back and serve back to front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.