Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 14, 10, 5:30 am   #1

Programs: AS MVPGold75K
SkyClub Access on Domestic Business (X) Ticket

I know that on many trans-con routes you are entitled to SkyClub access. I recently booked a multi-city SEA-JFK-FLL-JFK. Obviously on the outbound I was allowed SkyClub access because it is a transcon . However, I just checked my upgrade for the FLL-JFK portion on Sunday, and low and behold I was placed in Business (X) class.

I am just wondering if this has something to do with me booking a SEA-JFK portion in F on the same ticket as a FLL-JFK, and whether or not I will be able to have access to SkyClub on Sunday.
Edgerfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 10, 5:37 am   #2

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Your FLL-JFK segment upgrade is called "business" because the flight number is shared with an actual international flight. Unfortunately, that upgrade in and of itself will not grant you SkyClub access.
keeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 10, 5:40 am   #3

Programs: DL DM, SPG PLT, AA EXP
No and no.

your flight # is the domestic segment of an international flight. Several flights to JFK (and other hubs) have a domestic segment and an international one sharing the flight #. You're on the domestic segment of an international flight so you get an X instead of a V even though it is a standard domestic first class product with no SkyClub access.

Best bet is to request someone guest you in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...irst-post.html
hdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 10, 9:31 am   #4

Programs: Delta GM, United 1P, Hertz 5*, Marriott Silver, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Avis First
Travel from BOS to JFK I was given X Business Elite and JFK to LAX still waiting for UG, can I use skyClub?
kar don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 10, 9:42 am   #5

Programs: Delta DM/Million Miler, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar don View Post
Travel from BOS to JFK I was given X Business Elite and JFK to LAX still waiting for UG, can I use skyClub?
Good question...I dont think you can use the SkyClub until youre holding a confirmed X class boarding pass for this route. Has anyone been able to successfully enter the SC if awaiting an upgrade on this route? Especially if the chances look good for clearing?
SkyTeam777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 10, 10:32 am   #6

Programs: Delta GM, United 1P, Hertz 5*, Marriott Silver, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Avis First
So I guess the X ticket from BOS to JFK wouldn't get me in on its own?
Old Jan 21, 10, 11:13 am   #7

Programs: DL PM, National Exec., Marriott, Hyatt Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar don View Post
So I guess the X ticket from BOS to JFK wouldn't get me in on its own?
No, because you can't show that you are in F for the qualified routes. The only exception is if you're on a Y fare:

See http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

Transcontinental First Class, BusinessElite, or Full Y-Class Passenger - Same day travel on a nonstop Delta flight between: JFK to/from Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, and San Francisco.

Your ST E+ status would have gotten you in if your trip had included a same-day international segment on DL/NW or other ST metal.

Last edited by trek87; Jan 21, 10 at 11:22 am.
trek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 10, 12:09 pm   #8

Programs: Delta DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
Good question...I dont think you can use the SkyClub until youre holding a confirmed X class boarding pass for this route. Has anyone been able to successfully enter the SC if awaiting an upgrade on this route? Especially if the chances look good for clearing?
Yes I have done this several times over the past 6 months or so where I was #1 or 2 on the UG List with several seats available but no cleared UG...each time I do seem to encounter some sort of push back, but I tend to be pretty persuasive. I flew mostly INT'L trips last year and as a PM and soon to be DM through at least 2012 I couldn't justify purchasing a Skyclub membership knowing that it would be part of the benefits package.

FWIW..I will note for those that do try this, while I have never been turned away the closest I probably came to be was at the T2 JFK club.
LAXHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 10, 1:14 pm   #9

eh my layover will be short anyway and when I had SC membership I never really went... unless the T2 JFK SC is special? lol.
Old Aug 29, 11, 5:54 pm   #10

Programs: UA Gold; DL GM ; AF Silver
so if have a BE (Z class) ticket JFK-SEA I am entitled to use the Sky Club at JFK?
GrizNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 11, 5:56 pm   #11

Programs: DL DM, SPG PLT, AA EXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizNation View Post
so if have a BE (Z class) ticket JFK-SEA I am entitled to use the Sky Club at JFK?
Yes.
hdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 11, 7:04 am   #12

Programs: UA Gold; DL GM ; AF Silver
So do I also get access once I land in Sea and at JFK on the way back?
GrizNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 12, 8:30 am   #13

I can use the Sky Club on a full Y ticket but not on a paid F ticket?
Somehow the added incentive to buy an F ticket is not making sense to me........A little bigger seat, don't really drink, usually marginal meal, and a little more legroom than exit row....
Even though DL claims that they want to sell F seats perhaps they are able to write off more giving them away as upgrades.
frankc98376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 12, 8:54 am   #14
KLC
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankc98376 View Post
I can use the Sky Club on a full Y ticket but not on a paid F ticket? ....
You have access on the specific transcon routes with a First Class, BusinessElite or full Y-Class ticket.

See http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

Transcontinental First Class, BusinessElite, or Full Y-Class Passenger

Customers traveling on a nonstop Delta First Class, BusinessElite, or full Y-class ticket between JFK and Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, and San Francisco.
KLC is offline   Reply With Quote