Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DC Airports: All flights cancelled until monday?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

I tried booking on delta, either Reagan or Dulles -- no flights in sight. I'm scheduled on a late sunday flight ATL-DCA: DL-1980, still shows on time but does not show up when buying new tickets.
Edit: Reagan reports all flights cancelled until Sunday Morning.

Last edited by hg‎; Dec 19, 2009 at 4:54 pm
Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
With all of the cx from today, I would be highly surprised if there were any revenue seats left for any flight out of IAD/DCA/BWI tomorrow. Most of the seats that were for sale would have been taken by displaced px already.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Right now it shows as 1968, 1927, 6470, 1978 and 1980 operating to DCA from ATL tomorrow.

Everything else is cancelled tomorrow going from ATL-DCA.

Its even worse for BWI as there is no Y availability until the 25th and no availability at all until the 23rd.

Last edited by majorwibi; Dec 19, 2009 at 5:07 pm Reason: More info
Old Dec 19, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
So why is Delta canceling so many flights BEHIND the storm? I can certainly understand last night's cancelations, today's and tomorrow mornings from DCA-ATL. But I don't understand all of tomorrow's ATL-DCA cancellations? Seems that they should be able to clear the airport overnight. And it seems that Delta would want to make more of a game time decision if they think it will take longer.

What am I missing?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by enigmamatt
So why is Delta canceling so many flights BEHIND the storm? I can certainly understand last night's cancelations, today's and tomorrow mornings from DCA-ATL. But I don't understand all of tomorrow's ATL-DCA cancellations? Seems that they should be able to clear the airport overnight. And it seems that Delta would want to make more of a game time decision if they think it will take longer.

What am I missing?
Just because the storm is gone doesnt mean the airports can function at full capacity. Also there is a good chance that they are having crew scheduling issues which is causing flights to be cancelled.

Those are just guesses but given how JFK, BWI, IAD and DCA are affected I would guess this is a combination of those two issues.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
The full storm won't leave NYC until late tomorrow, and we are getting 18 inches last I heard
Old Dec 19, 2009, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
The full storm won't leave NYC until late tomorrow, and we are getting 18 inches last I heard
Considering the forecasters said we would have 3-5 inches by tonight which did not happen (we had no accumulation here in Manhattan by darkness), I certainly doubt we'll get to 18 inches. The snow started very late this afternoon and maybe we have an inch on the ground at most right now. If we get more than 10 inches, that would be surprising.

That all said, I am thrilled I returned home from Europe yesterday.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 8:08 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
About three hours ago there were a handful of seats left from IAD. I booked a friend IAD-ORD-BNA for tomorrow after her IAD-BNA flight was canceled tonight. She even got rebooked into the same V class she was originally booked on. Right now I see nothing available out of IAD tomorrow, but not because the flights are canceled (a few are). Just all zeroed out, i.e. full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.