Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Love_Travel
In Delta website I am getting business class fare of 120K points for ATL-BOM round trip. (Via AMS). Trying to understand if this is a good deal. Economy ticket costs 1200 for travel during End Aug/Return mid Sep

Thanks
Look at award chart. Short answer, yes.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Stubtify
Ugh. Welcome to Delta.com :\

Also, My earlier post was incorrect in the 50k+100k, a true low level two one ways would be 100k + 100k. So I'm not sure why it was pricing at 150k or so earlier.

Are any segments on Delta metal? If so remove those to make sure it is a "pure" low level award. I did some messing around but couldn't find anything, PM if you don't want to share dates in the open here.
For AMS-SXM, DTW-AMS at 200k, I am searching AMS-SXM KL 785 on 5/11/14 and DTW-AMS DL 248 (I have verified this is low level) on 6/24/14.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
For AMS-SXM, DTW-AMS at 200k, I am searching AMS-SXM KL 785 on 5/11/14 and DTW-AMS DL 248 (I have verified this is low level) on 6/24/14.

Same over here, 200k. Looks like it is an issue that has been documented before with CA/CR open jaws. I dug this up:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...d-tickets.html

Only two ideas I have: Call Delta? Ask for their "help"? Play dumb when they quote you the 200k miles. :\

Can you do AMS-SMX(stop), SMX-DTW (Destination). DTW-AMS? I realize probably not, but that would be my last idea to make it work via online booking.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Same over here, 200k. Looks like it is an issue that has been documented before with CA/CR open jaws. I dug this up:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...d-tickets.html

Only two ideas I have: Call Delta? Ask for their "help"? Play dumb when they quote you the 200k miles. :\

Can you do AMS-SMX(stop), SMX-DTW (Destination). DTW-AMS? I realize probably not, but that would be my last idea to make it work via online booking.
Thanks. I will ask this question in that thread too. ^
Old Aug 12, 2013, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Looking at purchasing some Bus from LAX to DAR next year at the 330 day window. But looks like flying blue lets you book only 300 days out? DL does not fly to DAR. Any help would be great.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by kaaria
Looking at purchasing some Bus from LAX to DAR next year at the 330 day window. But looks like flying blue lets you book only 300 days out? DL does not fly to DAR. Any help would be great.
Don't worry about when Flying Blue lets you book--Delta allows booking 330 days out. If you use Delta miles, you follow Delta booking rules. Searching for the seats can be tough without flying blue's site, but try www.alaskaair.com. Then look for the same seats on Delta.com and book there.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:43 am

Don't worry about when Flying Blue lets you book--Delta allows booking 330 days out. If you use Delta miles, you follow Delta booking rules. Searching for the seats can be tough without flying blue's site, but try www.alaskaair.com. Then look for the same seats on Delta.com and book there.
Another good option to Africa is Kenya Airways, but it may incur fuel surcharges and I forget now what the best tool to search is (other than airfrance.us which cannot be used at 330 days out).
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
alaskaair.com not showing any flights to DAR. And now that DL rates went up, we may have to do outbound on EC and return in BE....
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:01 pm

Other possible routings are LAX-SLC-CDG and LAX-SFO-CDG.
Is there a flight that is clearly the best from SoCal to CDG? From what i can find, the AF LAX-CDG is angled seats but the SLC DL flight is recliners. Of course going east first opens more options but finding the DL domestic availability sucks.

Cheers
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Is there a flight that is clearly the best from SoCal to CDG? From what i can find, the AF LAX-CDG is angled seats but the SLC DL flight is recliners. Of course going east first opens more options but finding the DL domestic availability sucks.

Cheers
What about AZ LAX-FCO-CDG? Lie flat sleepers on the LAX-FCO portion in Z.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by number21
What about AZ LAX-FCO-CDG? Lie flat sleepers on the LAX-FCO portion in Z.
Looks like seasonal service only, doesn't run during the winter...

Cheers
Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:01 am

Cheers
When do you plan to travel? As of 6/1/2014, all DL 767 and 330s will have lie flat beds.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: PM (10 yrs running)
I'm not a flyertalk "regular." Hoping to cruise Santiago-to-Buenos Aires next February. Total "cost" for Biz class (SEA-SCL; EZE-SEA) is bouncing between 262,000 and 325,000 miles per person. I think 200,000 might be achievable, but I'd need to search constantly to find it. Can EF or some other tool help me? Should I call a Delta agent every few days to check? Does anyone think it's possible to get this trip cheaper than 200,000 miles? Thanks in advance for your wisdom!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:53 pm

When do you plan travel? As of 6/1/2014, all DL 767 and 330s will have lie flat beds.
Hoping to go around MLK wknd in Jan 2014 so well before then (and well before the price jumps to 125k).

I can find lie-flats via LHR but am confused about DL 40 - currently runs SLC-MSP-LHR but delta.com seems to think it is nonstop SLC-LHR, at least in Jan.

Cheers
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:48 pm

Hoping to go around MLK wknd in Jan 2014 so well before then (and well before the price jumps to 125k).

I can find lie-flats via LHR but am confused about DL 40 - currently runs SLC-MSP-LHR but delta.com seems to think it is nonstop SLC-LHR, at least in Jan.

Cheers
There is no SLC-LHR non-stop. All flights to LHR have had flat beds for quite some time now.

Last edited by michael_v; Sep 19, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.