Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any of you flying into JFK, LGA or EWR tomorrow?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any of you flying into JFK, LGA or EWR tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:14 am

Saturday morning from LGA

Saturday morning from LGA (before the snow):

LGA-ATL => Announced oversold, ask for four volunteers, offered $600 in Delta dollars - still couldn't get four volunteers.
(probably good to note, that if you volunteered they said they'd put you on flight in the afternoon, but if the afternoon flight doesn't go out there's a good chance you wouldn't get out of NYC until Monday)

LGA-CVG => Announced oversold. 20 minutes later boards everyone at once - they even announced clearing a person or two from the wait list - I guess they had enough no-shows.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:12 pm

Everything NW & Delta on Sunday is cxl'd. I guess they assume it's going to take a while to dig the airport & planes out of the snow. My Sunday flight has been reset to Monday... bleah. Oh well, at least I'll get an extra day of shopping in (and I'll go see the Tim Burton exhibit at the MOMA).
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: Independent
How do canceled flights work? I am supposed to be flying through Atlanta to Boston tomorrow evening (on a 6:52pm flight). The snow should be gone by then, and things cleared up a bit. But most of the earlier flights that day are canceled already.

Assuming that my flight can get out, am I guaranteed that if a flight goes out I will be on it, or will they send out the earlier flights and then delay my flight? I would much rather be stuck where I am tomorrow night than have to wait until the wee hours of the morning in Atlanta.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Cloudship
How do canceled flights work? I am supposed to be flying through Atlanta to Boston tomorrow evening (on a 6:52pm flight). The snow should be gone by then, and things cleared up a bit. But most of the earlier flights that day are canceled already.

Assuming that my flight can get out, am I guaranteed that if a flight goes out I will be on it, or will they send out the earlier flights and then delay my flight? I would much rather be stuck where I am tomorrow night than have to wait until the wee hours of the morning in Atlanta.
I've had a situation similar to yours. The original flight yours) took off as normal. While the earlier/delayed flights of the day were constantly being pushed back (eventually beyond that of the original flight).

What will happen tomorrow? No one really knows. Just guesses.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I'm an AA elite trying to help out a co worker/friend. His wife just moved to the NY area. He's following early next year. She's suppose to fly LGA-ATL-MCI Sunday morning getting into MCI mid afternoon. She has no status and can't get through to SM. I believe her flights have been proactively canceled. What options does she have if any? I can't really come up with any alternatives as far as airports or airlines but thought I'd ask the gurus here.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:53 pm

My shuttle flight leaving LGA to Midway Chicago 12/20 was cancelled (according to the website), and they haven't automatically placed me on another flight and when I clicked to see what available flights I could take, there doesn't seem to be any. And the phone lines are busy. I have another flight leaving from Chicago to Cancun on Monday so I really need to get out of the city. What's my best option? Should I just go to the airport tomorrow at my flight time and see what happens?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by cheekyquill
My shuttle flight leaving LGA to Midway Chicago 12/20 was cancelled (according to the website), and they haven't automatically placed me on another flight and when I clicked to see what available flights I could take, there doesn't seem to be any. And the phone lines are busy. I have another flight leaving from Chicago to Cancun on Monday so I really need to get out of the city. What's my best option? Should I just go to the airport tomorrow at my flight time and see what happens?
Welcome to FT.

Keep calling. Is your flight to CUN on the same itinerary or seperate?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:01 pm

No, crappily, it's a totally different airline I think. If I can't get through (I've literally been calling every minute and trying all 3 applicable numbers), is it best to go to the airport? I feel if I don't show up, they'll assume I'm a no-show and not readjust my flight?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheekyquill
No, crappily, it's a totally different airline I think. If I can't get through, is it best to go to the airport? I feel if I don't show up, they'll assume I'm a no-show and not readjust my flight?
Keep calling and try to figure this out. It is likely too late when you get to the airport as others have already made previous arrangements and found alternates. The phone agents, while busy, probably won't be dealing with as much craziness as the airport agents. If you can, search for other flight options before calling Delta. Also consider trying to find another airline and buying a ticket if possible then asking for DL to refund you your ticket.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:09 pm

Thanks. I tried looking on Delta.com and they're not listing any availabilities as replacement flights. I'll keep calling but am concerned with actually getting anything other than a busy signal (maybe if I try at 3am or something?). I also flew delta another time when weather was a factor, and they said they weren't liable to refund airfare when weather is the cause of the problem? Thanks for all your advice so far!
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Marriott Platinum, Car Rental Agnostic
No luck here

Delta Plat, Award ticket LGA-MSP tomorrow.
Flight cancelled, no email, no phone call, no warning- found out when I went to switch seats. Clicked here to rebook, got error.
Called in, number on website 30 minutes on hold hung up.
Called delta elite sales, who said they couldn't help me and dumped me in NWA que, 30 minutes on hold, hung up and called back and asked for the person to wait with me till I got an NWA agent (after another 20 on hold).
NWA said the only thing they could offer was on the 23rd from HPN?
No thanks.
The 5pm is not cancelled yet, I was thinking of showing up for it- i live near LGA. Every flight NWA/Delta to MSP from LGA/JFK/HPN/EWR except 5pm seems to cancelled (or full). any one have better luck?

Wondering why I wasen't notified.
I know its the weather, but 20 hours premature seems to be jumping the gun to me. Airtran still claims to be flying.

5pm is cancelled as well, oh well.

Last edited by adammarcw; Dec 19, 2009 at 10:52 pm Reason: updated info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.