Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A Job Well Done (JWD) Certificates: Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Job Well Done (JWD) Certificates: Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Once the certs are deposited into the employees delta reward program, then they can redeem for a vareity of things...ie hotel stays, cruises, gift cards, etc! I personally like to redeem them for the $50 AMEX travelers cheque b/c I like having the cash and is probably the best bang for the points.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:44 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Something I didn't know, is you don't have to actually see the person to "give" them a certificate -- you can just give them the cert#.

I wanted to use one for someone on the plat line who helped me with a complicated transaction as was told just give them the cert#.
Yes, the number is all they need. I had a phone agent from SLC work with me on a refund problem -- she even called back the next day to see how the referral she had made worked out and I was able to give her the cert number. She was pretty pleased so I'm guessing there is some real value to these things.

Also interesting -- the first day when I called in, she was working from the call center. She called me back the next day when she was working from home. Apparently DL has at least some agents at the SLC center set up to work from home. I'd read that JetBlue was doing this, but didn't know that DL had it in place also.
tom
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Was it more than 3 per year in other years? (Sorry, I don't know. NW never had this. This is one of the few things where DL has the right idea and does it better than NW did: the Job Well Done staff appreciation certs and program.)
NW did have this. The diff now from 4 to 3 is the number of points. If I remember right you got 4 from NW but they were for 1500 points each and the DL version are worth more points but fewer certs (I do not have them with me but I think I remember them being for 2000 or 2500?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
The 4 I got last year, never even left the envelope, in fact the plat card is still stuck to the paper. If I had known I could give them to Chisholm/Seattle folk, I would have certainly given them the number when they provided me great service (which is most of the time).

I don't know if I got any with my gold card this year. I only gave the package a cursory glance.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Glad to see that these certs matter to employees, getting them was one thing DL has done well with.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:32 pm

If you follow the URL on the certificate (www.mydeltarewards.com) it takes you to a redemption website. The site doesn't have any content on the landing page, but there is a mailto link if you have trouble -- that connects to an e-mail address at diamondh.com. DiamondH is a vendor that provides employee recognition programs. If you go there, you can download a case study on Delta. While the case study is short on content, it does mention how Delta has several recognition programs they've implemented.

I can't imagine how many points you need to redeem for merchandise. I would expect that the majority of Diamonds never redeem a single certificate (don't have one at the time, don't care, don't remember, etc.), so that takes a lot of the possible points out of play. But to make it worthwhile, it's not about just pleasing one customer, so I would think you'd need at least a few certs to score an ipod.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Once I had 1 from each NW/DL PM packs... I gave away 8 certs to one very helpful DL person. I wonder what 8 certs could get you.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
I have heard a few people mention that Diamonds get the certs. I am just a lowly Platinum Medallion and I got 3 certs to give out too.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:28 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by rbwpi
Terminated?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by elmococker
I have heard a few people mention that Diamonds get the certs. I am just a lowly Platinum Medallion and I got 3 certs to give out too.
Diamonds get certs worth 2500 while plats get certs worth 1500.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by Bicostal
Diamonds get certs worth 2500 while plats get certs worth 1500.
Interesting - I had no idea that there was tiering here too - its not mentioned on the paper anywhere.

Does anyone know if they will allow you to get more later in the year? I know I might sound crazy but I do encounter more than 3 kind acts a year. With only 3 to give out I tend to extremely stingy and I ended up with one left over from last year that I threw away before I heard they extended the expiry date.

So far I've only given out one to a baggage agent who crawled down the tube to un-jam the carosel while her co-worker lectured her about it not being her job. I had to counter that mentality pronto.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mot29
Yes, the number is all they need. I had a phone agent from SLC work with me on a refund problem -- she even called back the next day to see how the referral she had made worked out and I was able to give her the cert number. She was pretty pleased so I'm guessing there is some real value to these things.
This is good to know because I never remember to take those certificates when I travel. Just last weekend I was in the ORD SkyClub and the nice agent noticed that my flight to DTW was delayed and I was going to miss the last connection to my destination that evening. Without any prompting, she paged me up to the front and handed me a ticket on an AA nonstop flight. She definitely deserves recognition.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Mine are still in the unopened credentials packet, I suppose. I must get them out and use them.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
I think they give out just the right number to keep us appropriately stingy about giving them out to employees. I know I have just 3, so my standards are pretty high. I've given out only one so far this year _ to an F/C FA who did not one, but two bev services on a JAX-ATL run with the seatbelt light on the whole time. 99.9 percent of FAs, IME, would take that as an opportunity to take a break and read a magazine.

I do agree that the program is disproportionally favored towards FAs. They're the ones we spend the most time with. I gave all three of mine last year to FAs, but if a CSR really blew me away with service, I'd probably figure out a way to give him/her the cert. Just doesn't tend to happen.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by jbatl
I do agree that the program is disproportionally favored towards FAs. They're the ones we spend the most time with. I gave all three of mine last year to FAs, but if a CSR really blew me away with service, I'd probably figure out a way to give him/her the cert. Just doesn't tend to happen.

My two favorite gate agents @ STL always get my first two. It's then a battle royal for my third.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.