Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2009, 6:16 pm

Programs: Gold elite, Amex plat. H Honors
Super size question

I am new to this great site. Is anything really exceptional about the NWA Supersize program other than the 1000 miles for $20.?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
[QUOTE] Originally Posted by flyzabit
Try this one instead:
https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...36/35932/b/317
Earn up to 40,000 (1,2) bonus miles (15,000 of which count as MQMs), plus get 2 free Delta Sky ClubTM day passes (3) (that's a footnote #)
**** WARNING - THERE IS A PROGRAMMING ERROR AT AMEX, so you will only get 20K miles, of which only 5000 are MQM -- NOT RECOMMENDED AT THIS TIME!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
30,000 bonus miles with first purchase (5,000 of which count as Medallion Qualification Miles).1
10,000 additional bonus miles (also count as MQMs) after you make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of becoming a Cardmember.2
Receive 2 free day passes to the Delta Sky ClubTM.3
One free companion Coach Class ticket each year upon renewal.*
Earn at least 1 mile for every eligible dollar spent.4
Earn two miles for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying Delta and Northwest purchases.5 [/QUOTE[

Originally Posted by skoker
This one works... I just applied and got approved using the provided link
One caveat: It appears that you will first receive 5000 of these miles as "bonus miles", with 25,000 (5000 of which also count as MQM) about 6-8 weeks later. Then the 10,000 bonus (also=MQM) will post 6-8 weeks later after that $1000 mark (in the 3 month window) is reached. This is per the AX-DL liaiason.

Last edited by flyzabit; Oct 8, 2009 at 11:44 pm
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by sheegoes
I am new to this great site. Is anything really exceptional about the NWA Supersize program other than the 1000 miles for $20.?
Essentially, yes. It is similar to a UA promotion.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

dupe-thx evan! (Was trying to print, so I can clean up post #1 and #19)
Actually - it wasn't. Somehow half the first post came over here to a new post (at "p", maybe when I tried to print).
THANK G-D for Google: At the Google main box, in the search text box, type in cache:yourlinkincompleteformhere
which then gives you the last "cached" version of that page.
http://74.125.113.132/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
(Archive.org stopped doing Flyertalk.com in January 2008).
WHOO HOOO! SAVED by the Internet!

Last edited by flyzabit; Aug 28, 2009 at 6:29 pm
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Hey flyzabit, why did you quote your own original post? Did you modify something?
Old Aug 30, 2009, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nfg05
I have received written confirmation from an AmEx rep that Picture Perfect and Double Flown Miles can be stacked. As it was explained to me, this is because Double Flown Miles is an AmEx promo while Picture Perfect is being paid for by Delta. Don't know yet if two Delta Promos (i.e. Picture Perfect and Keep a Good Thing Going) can be stacked.

Also got written confirmation from 2 Delta reps that connecting flights count for the Picture Perfect promotion. For example, to earn the bonus for the LAX-SYD roundtrip you do not HAVE to purchase LAX-SYD-LAX as a separate ticket. ATL-JFK-LAX-SYD-LAX-JFK-ATL on one ticket also qualifies. Hope this helps clarify things for some people and PM me if you want the text of the e-mails I got.
Maybe somebody can help me maximize these bonuses. I'm a brand new plat (status match from CO). First opportunity: JFK-ZRH. I bought my ticket with my DL AMEX card, and signed up for "Picture Perfect". That seems to qualify me for 25,000 bonus miles. I'll obviously get the BIS miles and the Plat 100% bonus. If I'm understanding this correctly, I also qualify for Double Flown Miles. Is there any other bonus that MIGHT stack? And would it be worthwhile to call DL and ask for some sort of challenge bonus? Or am I now "bonused out"?

Thanks for the help. All very confusing for a new Medallion member. And all potentially VERY lucrative!
Old Aug 31, 2009, 1:35 pm

Hey all - new to the site, thanks for all of the work you put in to keep this stuff straight!

This offer is for Platinum card it appears:

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by flyzabit
Try this one instead:
Earn up to 40,000 (1,2) bonus miles (15,000 of which count as MQMs), plus get 2 free Delta Sky ClubTM day passes (3) (that's a footnote #)

30,000 bonus miles with first purchase (5,000 of which count as Medallion Qualification Miles).1
10,000 additional bonus miles (also count as MQMs) after you make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of becoming a Cardmember.2
Earn two miles for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying Delta and Northwest purchases.5 [/QUOTE[

If I recall, I have gotten this same offer in the mail for the gold card as part of the NWA transition, but now I can't find my flyer. Does anyone have a valid link or RSVP code to get the 40K miles + skyclub passes for a gold card?

Thanks,
Mojo!
Old Aug 31, 2009, 5:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
[QUOTE=Mistermojo;12308866]Hey all - new to the site, thanks for all of the work you put in to keep this stuff straight!

This offer is for Platinum card it appears:

If I recall, I have gotten this same offer in the mail for the gold card as part of the NWA transition, but now I can't find my flyer. Does anyone have a valid link or RSVP code to get the 40K miles + skyclub passes for a gold card?

Thanks,
Mojo!
I think you're looking for this one:
https://www201.american

express.com/cards/Applyfservlet?

csi=36/20/b/317

(link deliberately broken up for search concerns)
I would recommend moving fast on it though. The link on it to the business card leads to an 'offer gone' page.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:46 am

Looks like they took it down already. Well, if anyone has a valid link for the 40K miles + skyclub passes on the gold card, not platinum, I'd love to use it!

Thanks again!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: DL Kettle
I never saw the 40K/passes deal for the Gold Card, and I looked at a lot of them! Why not just apply for the Plat?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:04 am

The gold card waives the annual fee for the first year, platinum does not, and it's close to $150.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:38 pm

DL and NW deals

Love all the Delta deals and coupons out there you posted. Thanks a million!!!
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:01 pm

Which DL AMEX card is worth it?

Which AMEX card is worth the $450 a year membership fee?

Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve Card ($450 a year)

Is the Platinum Small Business for Delta worth it?

Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:08 pm

Try this one instead:

Earn two miles for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying Delta and Northwest purchases.5

One caveat: It appears that you will first receive 5000 of these miles as "bonus miles", with 25,000 (5000 of which also count as MQM) about 6-8 weeks later. Then the 10,000 bonus (also=MQM) will post 6-8 weeks later after that $1000 mark (in the 3 month window) is reached. This is per the AX-DL liaiason.
As long as everything posts by the end of the year (for status purposes, obviously) there's no issues here
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:10 pm

Delta AMEX Reserve Card

Is it worth the $450 a year?

Your SkyMiles Number printed on your Card

Two Miles for Delta and Northwest purchases —You can automatically earn two miles for every eligible dollar you spend on qualifying Delta and Northwest purchases.

Concierge Services —Concierge staff are available to assist with requests such as making dinner reservations, finding gifts, planning client meetings, and more.

Pay with Miles —No seat restrictions or blackout dates on Delta and Northwest flights by using this exclusive feature to redeem your miles.

Award Ticket Fee Waivers —No redemption or partner handling fees on Award Tickets for Cardmembers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.