Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Platinum
December Birthday promo?

Anyone know when the December sky miles bonus promo will be posted?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by georgenc
Anyone know when the December sky miles bonus promo will be posted?
I don't believe there was one for November - was there? If not, then maybe they've ceased. Not good timing for me, as I'm a December baby, too.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Platinum
Same here... just got an email. Weak.

Hello GeorgeNC,

We'd like to thank you for being a valued Delta SkyMiles member by helping you make the most of your upcoming birthday. When you book a Delta Vacations® getaway between December 1, 2011, and January 31, 2012—for travel anytime—you will save:

$100 on vacations $599—$4,999
$250 on vacations of $5,000 or more

This discount can also be applied toward specialty vacations like luxury, destination weddings, honeymoons, and Walt Disney World® Resort vacations with no blackout dates!

To redeem your discount toward a Delta Vacations getaway, provide promotional code SMBDAY1211 along with your SkyMiles number at the time of booking.

Remember, you must book your vacation by January 31, 2012, to be eligible for your birthday gift.

Happy Birthday!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by georgenc
Same here... just got an email. Weak.
On the bright side, it's still more generous than the birthday bonuses offered by some of the other airlines.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:41 pm

Targeted MQM Purchase

Just got this via email, which is odd because I'm GM already.

Through Dec. 15th, buy up to 10,000 MQMs to earn 2012 Gold Medallion status.

Thinking of making a last minute trip? Stay home for the holidays and still earn Gold Medallion® status.

Through December 15, 2011, you may buy up to 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) that will post to your 2011 MQM balance and apply toward 2012 Medallion status. Here are your options:

# of MQMs

Price

Sample Round-trip Flight

$295

Atlanta-Albuquerque

$495

Minneapolis-Anchorage

$695

New York-Frankfurt

$895

Portland-Amsterdam

Upon earning 50,000 MQMs, you will receive Gold Medallion status through February 2013 and its many benefits, including:

Delta Sky Priority® suite of services, featuring faster check in, priority boarding and accelerated security lines at select airports
Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades on Award Tickets and Pay With Miles tickets
SkyTeam® Elite Plus benefits including complimentary access to most SkyTeam lounges worldwide when traveling on a same-day international ticket or connecting SkyTeam flight
Increased Medallion mileage bonus

Plus, you'll continue to enjoy your existing Medallion benefits, including waived baggage fees for you and your travel companions, Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades for paid tickets, and Complimentary Preferred Seats.

And don't forget any MQMs you earn above 50,000 will count as Rollover MQMs to help you qualify for 2013 Medallion status.

To learn more and take advantage of this limited-time Buy MQM offer, visit delta.com/buymqms.

Buy MQMs Now ›
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by mfleener
Just got this via email, which is odd because I'm GM already.

Through Dec. 15th, buy up to 10,000 MQMs to earn 2012 Gold Medallion status.

Buy MQMs Now ›
I've added it to Page 1 / Post 1.

Remember to use your airline Credit Card to get extra miles, too.

====================

What Star Alliance carriers are doing:
(Again, use the carrier's credit card if you do this.)

Note that USAirways is doing this (all year, not just now):
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...preferred.html and this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...preferred.html

CO has the Mileage Maximizer (all year; not just now) that will be good for CO (and UA essentially). (Hint: USAcity-HKG/MNL one way 10K normally; ticket issues; buy elite mileage maximizer under the palm tree on one's online reservation after ticketing is processed, and then use 24-hour cancel rule on the ticket within that 24 hours. This would net 30K MQM + 30K bonus miles on CO.) Normally 7-7.5 cpm, but at this time of year it is up to 11 cpm at last note. There is no 10,000 MQM limit, you see, and you can do this once per ticket. If you have the $$$, of course.

Last edited by flyzabit; Dec 1, 2011 at 9:23 pm
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Skymall 25,000 promo

Skymall 25,000 Delta bonus SkyMiles promo - round 2:

Expect this tonight late on 12/1 (midnight MST?) per the thread.

When it goes live, it will be at http://www.skymall.com/25000 (which is a notification link now for your email address).

25,000 bonus miles to the first 1000 folks using this link and buying over $500 in stuff. After that, folks get 3 miles per dollar.

=================
Update: It did go live at midnight last night, and they did get their 1000 people. You won't get 25,000 miles now after that closure - just 3 miles per dollar - via that link.

Last edited by flyzabit; Dec 2, 2011 at 11:34 am
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:01 pm

I have a December birthday also and that is a very weak birthday promo. I'd much rather have what others have reported -- free Skymiles.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kleintalk
I have a December birthday also and that is a very weak birthday promo. I'd much rather have what others have reported -- free Skymiles.
Me too. Bring back the birthday miles promo
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by kleintalk
Originally Posted by rayraf
Me too. Bring back the birthday miles promo
Best way to speak up is to utilize the more generous birthday promos of other airlines... if they exist...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:11 pm

100% transfer bonus - is it targeted?

Some folks apparently got burned last month when they did transfers and didn't get the bonus (as it was targeted). I see on the transfer page this month the offer, good to Dec 16th of 100% bonus to the recipient. However, the terms say "not transferable" and the pulldowns for picking the amount do NOT show the usual xx,xxx+xx,xxxx (the double amount) followed by the price.

So, I am confused as to whether I needed to have received an email on this (I didn't) or if it is open to everyone. I don't seem to see any discussion of it in this thread...

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/buy_t..._lto/index.jsp

any comments appreciated
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta Plt, AA Plt, Hilton Diamond
MQM Promo Worth it to get Platinum for 2012?

I am debating whether or not I should do the MQM promo... I'd have to purchase the 10,000 MQMs and that will take me to 74K MQMs for the year... so I'd still have to take a short flight somewhere to fulfill the 75K for Platinum next year. I am trying to figure out if this will be worth getting the Platinum status... I'm Platinum now... and it's nice to be higher on the upgrade list, and have Skymiles flexibility of not having to pay a redeposit fee, but that's probably the only pros I can think of at the moment.

I am not sure how much I will be traveling next year right now. Most flights will probably be 2-3 hours and I will probably have at least 3 that are 6+ hours.

So is it worth dishing out over $1K to get Platinum for next year?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by aoreo
I am debating whether or not I should do the MQM promo... I'd have to purchase the 10,000 MQMs and that will take me to 74K MQMs for the year... so I'd still have to take a short flight somewhere to fulfill the 75K for Platinum next year. I am trying to figure out if this will be worth getting the Platinum status... I'm Platinum now... and it's nice to be higher on the upgrade list, and have Skymiles flexibility of not having to pay a redeposit fee, but that's probably the only pros I can think of at the moment.

I am not sure how much I will be traveling next year right now. Most flights will probably be 2-3 hours and I will probably have at least 3 that are 6+ hours.

So is it worth dishing out over $1K to get Platinum for next year?
You are paying a fairly high CPM for the promo-so it depends on how much you want to achieve the next level. A good MR would net what you want.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: Independent
The perpetual discussion is always is it worth it - there are some other threads for that, try http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...es-2500-a.html.

I personally find the purchasing deal only really worth it if you desperately need the miles and cannot do a mileage run. As a cost per mile basis you can probably do better unless you are looking the week right before Christmas.Perhaps you can do one largish mile run (transcon) and then just purchase a lesser number of miles?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL-KRYPTONIUM, DL-PM, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Silver, Hyatt Plat.
Originally Posted by LeslieJam
You are paying a fairly high CPM for the promo-so it depends on how much you want to achieve the next level. A good MR would net what you want.
That would be the way I'd do it... especially because you'd still be short 1k miles. Do a MR and you'd be able to purchase significantly fewer miles if needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.