Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Today's targeted postcard

DL, NW, KL, and AF (inc DL and NW commuter-operated) flights between June 25th and Dec 31st, 2009 earn 10K bonus miles, up to 100K total - these are specifically not MQM's. Miles to post 4 - 6 weeks after promo period end (12/31/09).

What seems odd is the following ...

"Taxes and fees for award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets ...."

Does their definition of "purchase" include points redemption?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:41 pm

$100 off a future Delta Vacations® air and hotel package.

promotional code is: WP071609

For reservations, simply visit www.deltavacations.com,
call 1-800-800-1504, or contact your travel agent, and provide
promo code WP071609 along with your WorldPerks Account # .

this is YMMV as some #'s work and some don't
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:23 am

for a lot of these promos the t&c's include "can not be combined with other delta skymiles offers", so with this many overlapping promos how does delta decide which of those you've registered for to apply to a given itinerary ?

that choice of application could make a big difference if they give you double miles flown on ATL-JAX instead of +10k for the round trip !
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by decibel08
for a lot of these promos the t&c's include "can not be combined with other delta skymiles offers", so with this many overlapping promos how does delta decide which of those you've registered for to apply to a given itinerary ?
That is the golden question and what has stopped me from taking the plunge on a couple attractive fares.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by decibel08

that choice of application could make a big difference if they give you double miles flown on ATL-JAX instead of +10k for the round trip !
Little birds are tweeting that members will earn the bonuses that they are eligible for. e.g. double dipping will apply :-) Will look for formal confirmation.

Last edited by flyzabit; Jul 26, 2009 at 9:44 pm
Old Jul 28, 2009, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyzabit
Little birds are tweeting that members will earn the bonuses that they are eligible for. e.g. double dipping will apply :-) Will look for formal confirmation.
I have received written confirmation from an AmEx rep that Picture Perfect and Double Flown Miles can be stacked. As it was explained to me, this is because Double Flown Miles is an AmEx promo while Picture Perfect is being paid for by Delta. Don't know yet if two Delta Promos (i.e. Picture Perfect and Keep a Good Thing Going) can be stacked.

Also got written confirmation from 2 Delta reps that connecting flights count for the Picture Perfect promotion. For example, to earn the bonus for the LAX-SYD roundtrip you do not HAVE to purchase LAX-SYD-LAX as a separate ticket. ATL-JFK-LAX-SYD-LAX-JFK-ATL on one ticket also qualifies. Hope this helps clarify things for some people and PM me if you want the text of the e-mails I got.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Is there a thread with the codes used when miles post from various promos?

I just noticed this in my account:

15 Jun 2009 DFF CSD ER 0 750 750

Last edited by bwhite; Aug 1, 2009 at 1:43 pm
Old Aug 11, 2009, 6:27 am

Programs: DL Skymiles (silver) & AA Advantage
Delta/AMEx Plat - is it a good deal?

"Earn 15,000 Bonus Miles (5,000 miles count as MQM) with your first purchase, and companion ticket upon renewal 2nd year . Also, A) Earn 10,000 bonus Medallion Qualification Miles every year you spend $25,000 and another 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles every year you spend $50,000. Platinum Business w/ 2 pts per DL/NW purchase; $150 fee 2nd year on."

I'm currently a NWA perks members and considering this deal. Is it really a good offer? Do you pay the $150 the first year . . . and how easy will it be to use the "free" companion ticket you get the second year at renewal?

Anything else I should know before deciding to make the plunge? (I currently do not have a Delta ff account . . . and still prefer NWA for most of my air travel.)

Thanks!
Von
Old Aug 11, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Kettle
There are a couple of threads about the Delta Amex deals available, but that seems like a pretty good offer.

I'd recommend joining Delta SkyMiles because you need to make sure your NW miles have somewhere to land when Northwest disappears later this year.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by TimeshareVon
"Earn 15,000 Bonus Miles (5,000 miles count as MQM) with your first purchase, and companion ticket upon renewal 2nd year . Also, A) Earn 10,000 bonus Medallion Qualification Miles every year you spend $25,000 and another 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles every year you spend $50,000. Platinum Business w/ 2 pts per DL/NW purchase; $150 fee 2nd year on."

I'm currently a NWA perks members and considering this deal. Is it really a good offer? Do you pay the $150 the first year . . . and how easy will it be to use the "free" companion ticket you get the second year at renewal?

Anything else I should know before deciding to make the plunge? (I currently do not have a Delta ff account . . . and still prefer NWA for most of my air travel.) Thanks! Von
This is a BUSINESS Platinum Amex offer. The advantage there is the MQM each year.
---------------
Here is a list of current links that work, with that business card, and several personal ones, in my post on the page linked (except one that expires 8/24)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...d-offer-2.html
Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
4.b. Added 7/3/09 Good DL AmEx offers (not comprehensive), :
5. ** 7/21/09: Earn 40,000 Bonus Miles (15,000 miles count as MQM) with 5K MQM in 30K bonus after your first purchase, 10K more bonus after $1000 spent in first 3 months; and 2 Skyclub passes; and companion ticket upon renewal; $150 fee http://www201.americanexpress.com/sb...=29411&part=AX
This is quoted from the current version of the original post.

As of today, the above offer for the Delta Platinum Amex is expired. However, the 30,000 bonus for the Gold Amex is still good at the moment.

Thanks for posting all of these. If only I had seen this list before I applied for the Gold card yesterday for the normal 20,000 bonus miles. Maybe I can get them to switch it.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA
This is quoted from the current version of the original post.

As of today, the above offer for the Delta Platinum Amex is expired. However, the 30,000 bonus for the Gold Amex is still good at the moment.

Thanks for posting all of these. If only I had seen this list before I applied for the Gold card yesterday for the normal 20,000 bonus miles. Maybe I can get them to switch it.
Try this one instead:
https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...36/35932/b/317
Earn up to 40,000 (1,2) bonus miles (15,000 of which count as MQMs), plus get 2 free Delta Sky ClubTM day passes (3) (that's a footnote #)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
30,000 bonus miles with first purchase (5,000 of which count as Medallion Qualification Miles).1
10,000 additional bonus miles (also count as MQMs) after you make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of becoming a Cardmember.2
Receive 2 free day passes to the Delta Sky ClubTM.3
One free companion Coach Class ticket each year upon renewal.*
Earn at least 1 mile for every eligible dollar spent.4
Earn two miles for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying Delta and Northwest purchases.5
Old Aug 22, 2009, 2:52 am

9m em optin 1b?

I just noticed this in my account:

14 Aug 2009 9M EM OPTIN 1B 0 1500 1500

Could "EM" stand for e-mail? I don't recall "opting in" for anything with Delta recently.

Ah, maybe this is it. Anyone else get this particular account entry?

Last edited by Counsellor; Aug 22, 2009 at 3:01 am Reason: Further looking at threads
Old Aug 22, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Was there a thread for Delta's 20% Redemption Bonus on Award Tickets promo? I can't seem to find it after trying to search a couple keywords.

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_m...us/20bonus.jsp
Old Aug 26, 2009, 9:41 am

Try this one instead:
https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...36/35932/b/317
Earn up to 40,000 (1,2) bonus miles (15,000 of which count as MQMs), plus get 2 free Delta Sky ClubTM day passes (3) (that's a footnote #)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
30,000 bonus miles with first purchase (5,000 of which count as Medallion Qualification Miles).1
10,000 additional bonus miles (also count as MQMs) after you make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of becoming a Cardmember.2
Receive 2 free day passes to the Delta Sky ClubTM.3
One free companion Coach Class ticket each year upon renewal.*
Earn at least 1 mile for every eligible dollar spent.4
Earn two miles for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying Delta and Northwest purchases.5
This one works... I just applied and got approved using the provided link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.