Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: DL 1MM/DM, SPG Platinum, Pete's Brass Rail & Car Wash Beer Club
Originally Posted by eurozone_ff

I'll be Skymiles Silver when I come of the plane in MSP, so no way to get into the Crown Lounge as Skyteam Elite+ etc.

Thanks.
Silver Medallions are not considered Skyteam Elite +, thus do not get access to Lounges without having a membership. Only Platinum and Diamond Medallions are considered Skyteam Elite +.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by BoeingGuy
Silver Medallions are not considered Skyteam Elite +, thus do not get access to Lounges without having a membership. Only Platinum and Diamond Medallions are considered Skyteam Elite +.
Sorry, yes. That was what I was trying to clarify. That I am not Skyteam Elite+. and so cannot enter the lounge on anything but the 30 day pass. I thought I'd state that to preemt possible questions regarding status etc.

Kellanved thanks for that info. Hopefully it's the same in Amsterdam.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: DL 1MM/DM, SPG Platinum, Pete's Brass Rail & Car Wash Beer Club
Originally Posted by eurozone_ff
Sorry, yes. That was what I was trying to clarify. That I am not Skyteam Elite+. and so cannot enter the lounge on anything but the 30 day pass. I thought I'd state that to preemt possible questions regarding status etc.

Kellanved thanks for that info. Hopefully it's the same in Amsterdam.
Sorry, misunderstood your OP. Your 30 day pass should grant you access to the skyteam lounge in AMS as well as any Delta Skyclub in the US.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:28 am

So, everyone thinks that a SkyClub pass ALONE (90 days or whatever) will get you in the lounge in AMS? This has not been my experience. It will get you in Sky Clubs, but the lounges in AMS are not Sky Clubs, but rather KL lounges accessible by ST elite or business class travelers only... at least that is what I believe.

Would love to be wrong...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: DL PM, EK GOLD
Well, if you have an 8hr layover at AMS, as I did a couple of months ago, you couldn't do any worse that having a good nap, wash and brush up here:

http://www.citizenmamsterdamairport.com/

Easy to walk to, my room was a special (I think €79 with breakfast) for one night, but the break was welcomed...

Just a thought.

Andrew
Old Sep 7, 2010, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by xooz
So, everyone thinks that a SkyClub pass ALONE (90 days or whatever) will get you in the lounge in AMS? This has not been my experience. It will get you in Sky Clubs, but the lounges in AMS are not Sky Clubs, but rather KL lounges accessible by ST elite or business class travelers only... at least that is what I believe.

Would love to be wrong...
I had the same expereince twice.
My SC life membership from NW days are not valid. Only my PM (E+) got us access to the North American bound departure lounge.
The NAmerican arrival/Europe bound lounge was OK with my SC card.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: Delta, HH Diamond, Marriott, AA Gold
A 30 day SkyClub Membership will get you into the Crown Lounge 52 - F gates, 2nd floor in AMS. But..."30-Day members will not receive permanent membership cards. Temporary membership cards can be obtained in-Club and printed if purchased online. The temporary membership card printout will not grant access to partner lounges, only to Delta Sky Club locations. Partner lounges require actual temporary membership cards, which may be obtained from any Delta Sky Club location."
Old Sep 8, 2010, 3:45 am

Thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted by nikelg
A 30 day SkyClub Membership will get you into the Crown Lounge 52 - F gates, 2nd floor in AMS. But..."30-Day members will not receive permanent membership cards. Temporary membership cards can be obtained in-Club and printed if purchased online. The temporary membership card printout will not grant access to partner lounges, only to Delta Sky Club locations. Partner lounges require actual temporary membership cards, which may be obtained from any Delta Sky Club location."
That certainly sounds clear enough. Shame it's not the answer I was looking for. Oh well.

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the 30 day pass in a Sky Club in advance?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:35 am

membership fee

Does anyone know if the $50.00 membership fee will be applied when you purchase the 1 year or 3 year membership? I know it doesn't apply to the 30 day membership but didn't know if they stuck you with that when you applied the 30 day cost to the 1 or 3 year membership.

thanks...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by richardsonci
Does anyone know if the $50.00 membership fee will be applied when you purchase the 1 year or 3 year membership? I know it doesn't apply to the 30 day membership but didn't know if they stuck you with that when you applied the 30 day cost to the 1 or 3 year membership.

thanks...
Yes, the fee would still apply.

"An additional initiation fee of $50 or 10,000 miles if redeemed with miles, applies to all new Delta Sky Club (formerly Crown Room Club or WorldClubs) members. A new member is someone who has not paid the $50 or 10,000 mile initiation fee for Club membership or whose annual or three year membership has been inactive for 6 months or longer."

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...fees/index.jsp
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Question 30 day pass good for our situation?

Hello there everyone. So, I know I'm probably just ignorant, but I am new here, so please cut me a little bit of a break Maybe I should have posted this under the existing 30 day pass thread, but I didn't want to hijack!

My fiancee and I are flying ORD-CDG-DXB and back in mid February on AF with the same routing on the way back. I have a 5 hour layover at CDG during lunch on the way there, and a 3.5 hour layover during breakfast time on the way back. This is my first flight on AF or any SkyTeam flight, so needless to say I have no status. But I'm intrigued by the thought of paying $90 to get lounge access as ORD and CDG with free snacks and comfortable seating for both of us. So here are the questions:

1) If I buy the 30 day lounge pass, it seems I need to go to a regular Delta lounge to turn in my paper 30 day pass to get a real paper pass in order to get in any partner (i.e. AF lounges). But I don't have a ticket to get to the Delta lounge at ORD, and I'm not flying anywhere between now and then. Can I call somewhere and get one mailed, or can I have staff member at ORD go past security and exchange it for me?

2) The Delta website is kind of hard to read due to their terminology for all the memberships, but the way I read, the plastic (less temporary) card I would get would 100% get me in to the lounge at CDG 2E. But my fiancee isn't guaranteed, right? What are the odds we would get in at 8:30 or 9:00 AM on a Sunday?

3) Am I completely nuts? Seriously, is this worth it, or am I way over thinking it? I'm not likely to use it again within the 30 day period, but my fiancee does enjoy relaxing!

Thank you all!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:10 pm

I was in a similar situation a couple weeks ago and was able to use the online printout of my 30-day pass to get into the CDG AF 2E lounge.

No issues at all.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Why not just buy the pass in person at ORD when you are departing?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DLcoop1977
Why not just buy the pass in person at ORD when you are departing?
I probably should have specified, Delta says that you need to exchange the paper pass for the "real" pass at a Delta location. I'll be departing from ORD T5, while the Delta location is T2 behind security, which means I have no opportunity for this.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 5:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As an update to anyone that may read this in the future:

I went ahead and took a chance, bought the 30 day Delta Sky Club pass online. I called Delta to ask if I could have a friend exchange the pass for a plastic one, and I reached India. They basically told me I couldn't do that, I had to show up in person with ID, and there was nothing they could do. The printout from the web says nothing about requiring ID or even requiring the named person on the card to exchange for the pastic variety, so I tried it. When my friend arrived, the ORD Delta club didn't have any of the plastic cards, so I got a card made on heavy paper, preprinted, but with handwriting for the name, dates of validity, etc. I think it's the same card they use for day passes. On the back, it explicitly states that it is not valid for use in international lounges, which kind of ticked me off. I was ready to call Delta and complain!

The card was accepted at the Terminal 5 Air France lounge at ORD/Chicago with a guest with no problem. The attendant said she was supposed to keep the card, until I told her it was valid for 30 days. "Oh, I've never seen one of these" she said. Still, I got in. The lounge was kind of a joke, but that's for another forum.

The card (and my guest) was also accepted at Air France 2F lounge at CDG/Paris without even a second thought. The place was busy as heck when we got there, but we got in no problem, and the attendant was very nice.

Now we just need to see if we can get in CDG 2E lounge on our way back and get the free massage!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.