Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Thanks

Very helpful feedback. How are the two lounges at ORD?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:14 pm

Hope it works for you. You may want to check with Delta first. Last summer I purchased a Delta 30 day pass and was not allowed any guests at AMS or CDG as they were partner lounges and not Delta lounges. This was different from a few years back when my NWA Worldclub pass allowed guests at AMS, LGW and FCO. YMMV but be aware.

TF
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
30 Day Sky Club Questions and International Travel

My son and a friend are flying Northwest / Delta in a few weeks and I trust you can help with some Delta-specific questions (I spend most of my time in the United Forum).

I'd like to buy them a 30 day Sky Club Pass. I understand that I can do that on-line but they are flying internationally (Denver - Minneapolis - Amsterdam) and that apparently complicates things.

1. It looks like I need to buy an actual card from a Sky Club location in order for them to use the 30-day membership internationally. We don't have a Club in Denver; can I purchase the on-line membership and then have them exchange that for a "real" card in Minneapolis (assuming the on-line card won't be accepted in Amsterdam)?

2. Will the 30-day membership even be accepted in Amsterdam and, if so, can they both get in?

3. Is the fact that they are on Northwest flights going to be a problem for Club access under the 30-day membership?

Thanks,

Hans
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Go to airport info > SkyClubs > locations on delta.dumb and pick 30 day on the drop down menu to see locations and then guest policies at the very bottom. One KLM lounge in AMS is included, IIRC the one above the start of the F and G concourses, so it should work well for long-haul (TATL) flights, but not intra-Europe schengen connections. Two guests or family are allowed.

Have you compared this to Priority Pass? Or do they have a UA club membership that they can use? (There's now a small UA lounge in MSP which I think is in Priority Pass; check the UA forum. It's located between the two SkyClubs in MSP and would not be particularly impossible/inconvenient to use with DL flights, although the F/G SkyClub is closer to the TATL departure gates and does announce when the AMS flight is ready for boarding.)
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: US Dividend Miles, Flying Blue
I just bought a 30-day pass for my trip (DCA-DTW-AMS-JRO). 20-plus hrs in transit so I'll need it!

You can buy online, and the site will generate a temporary pass you can print out.

The fine print on the pass says the printout card won't get you access to partner lounges or international Sky Club lounges, but that you can get an "actual temporary membership card" (read: more official) from any domestic Sky Club lounge... so yes, swap it at MSP.

I'll find out tomorrow if that's the case.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGL
Is a SC 30-Day Pass Worth it for Me?

Euro-based expat flying twelve DL segments in July, with time for a lounge as follows: 5X ATL, 1X LGA, 1X SJU, 1X PHL, 2X RDU.

No question I'll drink my money's worth of the free booze, but I have a couple of questions....

1. Is there a lounge at all in SJU and RDU?
2. Are the lounges at ATL, PHL, and LGA all inside of security? (I'd hate to relax and then do the gin-and-tonic stumble for TSA!)

Thanks for your help.
Habemuspapam
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Habemuspapam
Euro-based expat flying twelve DL segments in July, with time for a lounge as follows: 5X ATL, 1X LGA, 1X SJU, 1X PHL, 2X RDU.

No question I'll drink my money's worth of the free booze, but I have a couple of questions....

1. Is there a lounge at all in SJU and RDU?
2. Are the lounges at ATL, PHL, and LGA all inside of security? (I'd hate to relax and then do the gin-and-tonic stumble for TSA!)

Thanks for your help.
Habemuspapam
San Juan, PR = No
Raleigh/Durham = Yes
Philly = Yes, but operated by US Airways, and past security

ATL has numerous clubs all on the secure side. So drink up. LGA's SC is also on the secure side.

Complete list here.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GGL
Much obliged.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Delta Sky Club -- worth it for 30 days? Benefits?

Hey guys -- I have a few random questions and hope someone can help.

I am flying 3 times over the next month and am debating buying a 30 day skyclub pass. I am a silver Member but I don't think that does me any good if only buying 30 days.

Would you guys recommend it? Worth the 90 bucks? I am flying some non-stops, some stops, some at normal hours and some red-eyes (but in the airport during times it appears most clubs are open) and thus... curious...

-Do you have to be flying Delta that day to use the club? Some of my flights are Virgin America

-Do ALL clubs have free drinks, but only some of them are 'self-service'? I noticed Atlanta didn't have any locations listed with the martini icon beside them, but surely they'd still have free alcoholic drinks? Does this just mean a bartender gives them to you instead?

-For the ones that have showers... are they nice and separated, or like a gym with a basic curtain or maybe nothing at all? Do I need to pack a towel as carryon or are they provided free of charge? After one of my flights that's a red-eye I'd LOVE to shower up and get pretty before my friend picks me up and sees me all sleepy gross.

-Is it pretty easy (depending on the airport) to go between terminals to access the clubs (sans the International ones)?

-Has anyone ever tried to get a guest to pay you $20 or something to come in with you, even though you don't REALLY know him or her? Hey, the airlines love to take advantage of us, why not back at them?

-If buying a 30 day pass, does it do me, or an existing member, any good to enter them as a referred member?

-If Delta hasn't listed any clubs on their list for a city, i.e. Charlotte, NC, does that mean there definitely isn't a club there? Their list seems potentially only a partial.

I think thats it, anything else you think I oughta know?

THANKS SOOOO MUCH in advance!
Old Aug 17, 2010, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
You dont need to be flying DL to enter the club

Not all clubs are self service but all serve free alcohol

Not all club hours posted online are correct (unfortunately)

Haven't ever used the club showers

It's not easy moving between terminals when you are required to exit and reenter the secure/air side to gain access to the club - TSA doesn't understand why you'd need access to an area your flight doesn't depart from

Having someone pay you $20 to enter? tacky...very tacky

if a club isn't listed that does mean there isn't a club
Old Aug 17, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk, the Delta SkyMiles forum Carolina2Cali!

socrates did a great job in answering your questions. Another option would be to post on the SkyClub Meeting thread to see if someone could 'guest' you into the club.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Don't know which airports you have in mind so here's a list of them with hours and various services offered....

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

As for the showers, they are all separate locked rooms. I have seen them provide soap and towels but that's about it. Of course, each lounge could be different so best to ask.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Thanks guys! I've been flying a good bit for a few years now but only recently really discovered FlyerTalk and it's got some good tips and fun notes and interesting bits

You'd think the airlines themselves would be better at describing their own policies and benefits but... nah! of course not.

It's unfortunate that the hours and locations aren't all listed properly... I guess I'll have to do some research on whether Charlotte has one... and whether the one I will need a shower at actually provides soap and whatnot...

Thanks all
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
If Charlotte isn't on the list, that's because there is no club there.

It seems doubtful that someone would pay $20 to you to sneak him/her into a SC when $25 and an AmEx card buy a one-day pass.

Be sure to go all the way to the bottom of the list on the page Sez_Who gave you to see more information.

I believe all the shower rooms include towels and soap.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:04 pm

Thanks again. 2 new questions...

Clearly yes, asking for $20 to enter is cheesy... thanks for showing me the seeking/sponsoring page. At this time, none of my seekings lined up with any sponsors, but perhaps I'll convert and SPONSOR my times and get a membership, or maybe if there's another seeker we'd chat and split? Who knows.

Leading to the other question... so if you don't have to be on that airline that day... do you guys recommend clubs other than Delta's? Are there other with many locations and hours that are quality? Which would you reccomend?

Do they have their own managed sticky to sponsor/share club access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.