Wiki Posts
Search

Tourist Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
Sent to you in PM. No response (yet).

How long is the turn around time from the Cuban Embassy/Consulate in DC?
Just responded.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by newaarondavidson
Just responded.
Thanks! Got it.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Anyone else have any information on a US citizen obtaining the tourist card? I'm looking at booking with Southwest which partners with the same company that AA does I'm pretty sure which charges $85 for the tourist card plus $25 for shipping.

I found a few UK and Canadian based sites that are selling it for $25 plus $10 in shipping for US cizitens. Any experience in using those?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:43 am

Answered here:
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntr...a-tourist-card
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
We never received any responses from the Consulate in DC regarding the bank checks along with paperwork we submitted.

In the end we paid $100 at the airport for the visa. Next time I would use the recommended service for $85. Others we spoke to used it, and it was painless.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by newaarondavidson
We never received any responses from the Consulate in DC regarding the bank checks along with paperwork we submitted.

In the end we paid $100 at the airport for the visa. Next time I would use the recommended service for $85. Others we spoke to used it, and it was painless.
Which airport and airline? We are flying AA out of MIA. Would be great if we could just get it there.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Which airport and airline? We are flying AA out of MIA. Would be great if we could just get it there.
AA is using Cuba Travel Services.
When I bought my PINK tourist card (can't board with GREEN), it was online for U$85 total including shipping. (The DC Cuban Embassy is selling them for U$70 plus shipping, and requires a lot more paperwork.)
At the gate in Miami a couple of weeks ago, that company had a cart that was selling tourist cards (U$100) , and also checking previously purchased tourist cards and stamping boarding passes as ready to board.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I will be traveling to Cuba in January and booked my flight through Southwest. Like some of the other airlines mentioned previously, Southwest is partnering with Cuba Travel Services. However, they have a special offer specifically for Southwest passengers to purchase the tourist card for $50, which can then be picked at whatever airport you are flying out of (FLL or TPA, in SW case). For comparison, I live in DC and stopped by the Cuban consulate, where they also wanted $50 money order as well as some other forms and documents. Using the contracted service with CTS was much simpler as it could be done online and you can use a credit card to pay for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.