Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH-HAV RT - 1 British, 1 American

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:17 am
Original Poster

ZRH-HAV RT - 1 British, 1 American

Hi all,
i'd like to go from ZRH-HAV potentially tomorrow. two people travelling - one british, one american. Has anyone entered Cuba recently on a US passport - what is the easiest way to enter if it's rather short notice?

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:09 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the FT Cuba Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
It's pretty much the same for everyone as far as the Cuban authorities are concerned. You just need to buy your tourist card somewhere before you arrive (they charge a lot more on arrival). The U.S. citizen just has to be aware of possible future consequences from U.S. authorities down the road.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
As YVR says, the airline taking you to Cuba should be able to issue you the Cuban tourist card. Otherwise, it's available when you arrive at HAV.

Cuban authorities now stamp everybody's passport on entry and exit. For whichever one of you is the U.S. citizen, there is no concealing that you've been to Cuba. The trip as you describe it would not conform to U.S. law. What you do with that information is your choice.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

thanks all - don't want to take the risk yet until the rules are relaxed properly for tourists... hopefully soon. Cheers
Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
i'd like to go from ZRH-HAV potentially tomorrow.
I think a bigger issue here is that a Cuba trip isn't something you should do with one day's notice. It's not an easy independent travel destination. If you're not going on an organized tour or with a resort package, it does require more planning than you can do in 24 hours.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Not to mention a lot more expensive (tourism infrastructure is limited and is being stretched beyond its limits).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.