Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Will U.S. credit cards be accepted for travel on Cubana?

Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion

Soooo....I'm looking to buy Cubana tickets, but naturally my US card is likely not going to work on cubana.cu by the time I need them.

Anyone know the policy if I have someone else pay for them? Will Cubana ask to see the card when I check in?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I don't think they care. But you can book Cubana on a Canadian website as well. Try that option.

selloffvacations and cubatravel network offers Cubana
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I don't think they care. But you can book Cubana on a Canadian website as well. Try that option.

selloffvacations and cubatravel network offers Cubana
Thanks - for anyone who finds this thread, I tried with Chase Sapphire Visa and it was initially rejected by Verified by Visa, but Chase was happy to manually approve when I called.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Alternative Airlines.com will sell them to you at a slight premium
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: Sky Miles - Gold, IHG - Platinum, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold, AAdvantage - Gold
For some reason, Cubana has stopped taking American issued credit cards as payment - this has been in effect for the past few months - not sure why as it used to not be the case. So, two options:
1. Book through a travel agent located outside of USA - I usually use Edreams in Spain.
2. And this is the better option, use another airline... Avianca, Copa, Interjet or Aero Mexico are all great options, they actually run their airlines like a real company and are far some reliable that Cubana could ever hope to be... i personally will never fly cubana again if absolutely possible...
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Slightly ot. My last trip on Cubana CUN-HAV was on a wetleased A320, delayed by 6+ hours on the return segment. It looks like they wetleased an A330 for their flights to Madrid.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:22 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As the thread is focused on the airline, rather than travel to the country, please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the appropriate airline forum with a more specific thread title. Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Sr. Moderator.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by UKdiver
Slightly ot. My last trip on Cubana CUN-HAV was on a wetleased A320, delayed by 6+ hours on the return segment. It looks like they wetleased an A330 for their flights to Madrid.
Cubana is always delayed. Service both on the ground and in the air is closer to 0.5-star. Awful airline overall.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.