Travel to Cuba with Insight Cuba. ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel to Cuba with Insight Cuba. ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The last day is your mini bar being inspected before you can check out. Asked for this to be done while I dined in the executive Lounge. Then downstairs to join group for trip to HAV. Insight offered to provide juice, water and box lunch which no one took. If we had made it this far no food risks need to taken.

Upon arrival it was check in. I looked into WAA which was the charter noting premium seating. Got a very forward seat for a tip. Then it was off to pay airport tax of 25 CUC. Immigration was next. Some of us got a passport stamp inbound and many of us did not. It was here that I smiled and asked nicely then received the stamp. The flight was on time and quick. The plane was boarded early to keep schedule. Up the rear of a MD-83. Upon arrival at MIA it was terminal F but clearing immigration at D. Long walk! There was a courtesy cart. Global Entry is used even coming from Cuba with no additional inspection that I saw. I was able to rush for a flight home versus staying over another night in MIA.

It was not forecast well for weather but we were very lucky. No significant weather and nothing needed to be changed on the program. I was just shorts and jeans with many people dressing much nicer in the evening. Nice shoes with the jeans and sneakers with the shorts for the day. We were encouraged to bring snacks which was not necessary. There was always plenty of bottled water with us given two each day by Insight.

We also kinda planned CUC use since the tariff is so high. The last night we would swap out CUC for dollars if someone was short. The bar tabs ate must of our CUCs. The Buena Vista Social Club show is attached to the Amelia with many going and enjoying the show. I skipped it in favor of catching up with emails. We did dine at the National (spelling). Marginal and the interior was nothing exciting. Think Boca Raton Resort and Club. Done!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Breakfast is buffet at Melia. If on the Level floors you have Lounge access which is mainly breakfast. Many of the advertised benefits were never offered. The suite was excellent with plenty of space. Very quiet.

The pre departure communication with Insight was very good. The conference call with all participants was ok but key facts like Skype access were totally wrong.

That's about it. If you have questions then post them and I'll try to answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.