Search

Cheap cruises around Christmas time?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2008, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Cheap cruises around Christmas time?

My dad is looking for cheap cruises for he and my mom. Is there a website where cheap cruises from Houston are listed? (I'm new to this whole cruise thing)
Old Dec 12, 2008, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Try vacationstogo.com. They list a lot of "last minute specials".

It probably won't be cheap.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:11 am

Most cruises over Christmas tend to be at a premium, and trying to find something last minute for that time period is probably going to be tough. (Heck, my Panama Canal cruise is somewhere between $700-$1000/person more than the same cruise going the other way that sails before when I get on, and it was sold out probably 6 months ago). The company SRQ Guy listed is who I use myself, they'd certainly know if anything was available.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hartmann
My dad is looking for cheap cruises for he and my mom. Is there a website where cheap cruises from Houston are listed? (I'm new to this whole cruise thing)

Houston isn't near the Gulf.

Your nearest port is Galveston.

Cheap means different things to different folks.

Bon Voyage.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's not completely true. There are cruises out of Houston, but not very many. They have a beautiful new underused cruise terminal. Most of the cruises do depart Galveston, though.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
There are cruises out of Houston, but not very many.
I've never seen one listed through the major booking sites. It would save time and money getting to the ships from IAH.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My bad, the port so far has only been used to temporarily house Galveston-based ships until the Galveston port was ready after hurricane Ike.

Given the state-of-the-art facility and the location, I can't help but assume cruises will be regularly scheduled out of there soon.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
Cheap Cruises

I like the search for cruises best on KAYAK. They let you adjust the departure date within a given month to fit your schedule. Like other sites, they can also filter by departure port etc.. adn sort by price. They bring up pretty much the same prices as other sites, but let you dial in to a cruise that fits your dates much easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.