Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Cruise with USA Visa, Philippines Passport

Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist

My Aunt has Philippines Passport with a multi entry USA Visa.

Wondering if people have had this experience already and can confirm.

I have emailed Royal Caribbean, Mexico Consulate, Honduras Consulate, Bahamas Consulate, and Jamaica Consulate. Jamaica was awesome and emailed me back asap, but they only gave me a link and didn't directly answer my question.

I believe she is good to visit w/out having to get a VISA:
* Honduras (reciprocate USA Visa)
* Mexico (reciprocate USA Visa)
* Bahamas (reciprocate USA VISA and not necessary for tourists)
* Jamaica (If cruising, allows entry)

Jamaica Consulate sent me this link instead of answering my question.
http://www.embassyofjamaica.org/visi...pplication.pdf
Please note that cruise ship passengers do not need a visa to visit Jamaica.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:49 pm

Smile What exactly is your question?

Originally Posted by nutwpinut
My Aunt has Philippines Passport with a multi entry USA Visa.

Wondering if people have had this experience already and can confirm.

I have emailed Royal Caribbean, Mexico Consulate, Honduras Consulate, Bahamas Consulate, and Jamaica Consulate. Jamaica was awesome and emailed me back asap, but they only gave me a link and didn't directly answer my question.

I believe she is good to visit w/out having to get a VISA:
* Honduras (reciprocate USA Visa)
* Mexico (reciprocate USA Visa)
* Bahamas (reciprocate USA VISA and not necessary for tourists)
* Jamaica (If cruising, allows entry)

Jamaica Consulate sent me this link instead of answering my question.
http://www.embassyofjamaica.org/visi...pplication.pdf
It's unclear what exactly is the question you want answered? I assume your question is: "My aunt travels with a Philippines passport, which has a multi-entry visa to enter the USA. She will embark at X-City on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, which will visit the following countries: Honduras, Mexico, Bahamas, and Jamaica. To find out whether she needs to obtain a visa to visit those countries, I emailed (etc your post). "

From your replies, I gather she can visit Bahamas (not necessary for tourists), and Jamaica (not necessary for visitors on a cruise ship). I don't understand what "reciprocate USA visa" means. If that means that visitors to those countries have a valid USA visa in their passports, then no further visa is required. She is good to go to those countries as well.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tangoll
It's unclear what exactly is the question you want answered? I assume your question is: "My aunt travels with a Philippines passport, which has a multi-entry visa to enter the USA. She will embark at X-City on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, which will visit the following countries: Honduras, Mexico, Bahamas, and Jamaica. To find out whether she needs to obtain a visa to visit those countries, I emailed (etc your post). "

From your replies, I gather she can visit Bahamas (not necessary for tourists), and Jamaica (not necessary for visitors on a cruise ship). I don't understand what "reciprocate USA visa" means. If that means that visitors to those countries have a valid USA visa in their passports, then no further visa is required. She is good to go to those countries as well.
My question is if my theories are correct or if someone has had experience with someone on a cruise with a USA VISA visiting Mexico, Honduras, Bahamas, or Jamaica without having to get a Visa for those countries?

From what I can tell, Mexico and Honduras, allow tourists into their country if they have a valid USA Visa.

From what I can tell, Jamaica and Bahamas, allow cruise tourists without needing a Visa.

I'm pretty sure about Mexico and Honduras, but unsure about Bahamas and Jamaica.

-----------------

I just got an email from the Bahamas and they sent me a link, no answer just like Jamaica. The Bahamas link seems like we need to get a Visa for my aunt, but it doesn't address cruise tourists. I'll probably have to call all 4 consulates/embassies and Royal Caribbean to get a definitive answer.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
You might want to check TIMATIC and see what entry requirements are for a Filipino citizen resident in the Philippines travelling from the U.S. to those countries. If it says o.k. with U.S. visa, your aunt SHOULD be o.k. This is not a fool proof solution as sea entry is often different from air entry (I can cite various example but won't).

And yes, best to check with the cruise line as they're the one who will deny boarding.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
My wife was a Filipino citizen on a US Resident Visa when we took our first cruise 24 years ago. We went to the Bahamas and they didn't even ask to see her passport in the Bahamas. Back then we only needed to show our Florida Drivers Licenses for travel.

Over the past few years, the only place we needed to show our US (she is now a citizen)passports was when boarding and disembarking in the US Port. Every other country we visited (Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Mexico) on a cruise, there is no passport control we had to endure at any country even when we got back on the ship.

Most of the cruise lines have crews that are Filipino citizens with a US Visa, and they are allowed to leave ships in port if it is their day off.

The cruise lines know what is needed at each port of entry and if there is any passport control for it, so as stated before by YVR Cockroach, it is best to call the cruise line.

Last edited by teddybear99; Jul 2, 2017 at 9:42 am Reason: addtl info
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:56 pm

Hi, Could I ask what the outcome to your trip was?.., i have an aunt coming over and we were plannkng on going on a cruise as well and was wondering what needed to be done. I sent you a PM too... thanks in advance...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.