Search

Time to get from ship to SEA airport?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Time to get from ship to SEA airport?

(Please move if wrong forum)

Delta have moved my 2pm flight on 8/8 up to 11:25am.

We dock in Seattle (Royal Caribbean) at 6am.

Will we have enough time to make this flight? I'm not familiar with how long it takes to disembark and transit etc.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by tanglin
(Please move if wrong forum)

Delta have moved my 2pm flight on 8/8 up to 11:25am.

We dock in Seattle (Royal Caribbean) at 6am.

Will we have enough time to make this flight? I'm not familiar with how long it takes to disembark and transit etc.
If you self-disembark, that would work at almost any port.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:11 am
rlb

Programs: Alaska Airlines
It takes approx. 30 minutes from the port to the airport, depending on traffic, and method of travel (taxi, private town car, shared van, cruise bus). The problem I have seen at the airport is the number of ships in port. If you have 4 or more in port you might have troubles. I have seen mile long lines to check luggage and check in for flights- and then the long security lines due to all the passengers.
If you self-disembark, take a taxi or private town car. Then when you get there check your luggage at the curb- check in electronically. The security for C,D,N gates can be really backed up on port days, go to "B" gates which are usually slow- once through security, you can get to all gates.
Having said all that- you still will have a tight connection.
Old May 29, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Self-disembark can work surprisingly well if you can manage your own luggage. I've hoisted my backpack and simply walked off the ship as soon as they'd let me get through the door. Arrival at 6am can well mean they will only let you through that door more like 8am though.

The Delta flight change is plenty enough for you to get them to re-book you if you want to go that route. It varies, but I think something like a 40 minute change can be enough to get re-booked. And your date is far enough out that Delta will probably make a couple more schedule changes anyway.

Do you have any frequent cruiser status and/or frequent flyer status? Those will help you work this out.
Old May 29, 2017, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all!

I have Delta status so I will change the flight to the 6pm one and maybe have a day mooching around Seattle!

This is only our 2nd (maybe 3rd? cannot recall!) cruise with RC so no real status there.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:09 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Royal Caribbean uses the Pier 91 cruise terminal in Seattle (there are two.) Pier 91 is located well north of the downtown core and central waterfront, so managing your luggage on a full day's layover can be challenging. The Port has concierge services at the cruise terminal, which close at 3 or 3:30 PM, but you'd have to "double back" to the cruise terminal to collect bags, then head off to the airport.

This year the Port has instituted a free luggage "valet" service; your bags are sent to the airport in advance, and I believe you can also get boarding passes on board. I haven't found any reports so far on how this is doing.

Another option is to book a car from Alamo, National or Enterprise (same company) who have kiosks at both cruise terminals. They will shuttle you from the pier to their downtown office across the street from Macy's; you'd throw your bags in the back, use the car to tour the area, then drop it at the airport before you fly. This is probably the more expensive option of the various choices, but offers the greatest convenience and flexibility.
Old May 30, 2017, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gardyloo

This year the Port has instituted a free luggage "valet" service; your bags are sent to the airport in advance, and I believe you can also get boarding passes on board. I haven't found any reports so far on how this is doing.
Thanks - I will look out for this. I changed our flights to the 6pm one.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Originally Posted by tanglin
Thanks - I will look out for this. I changed our flights to the 6pm one.
Here is a thread on Cruise Critic about it. First (and really only) review is at post 40.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2485453

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.