Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

best food for top half dozen cruise boats

best food for top half dozen cruise boats

Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by ijkh
I love the Nobu restaurant on Crystal. If you are in a penthouse or above your butler will deliver it as room service. Nothing like some of the world's greatest sushi delivered to you. I love Crystal.
Nobu on Crystal is good, but it still suffers at times from being ship food. They simply do not get fresh supplies every day like many good land based restaurants.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
And Nobu hardly serves "the world's greatest sushi" on land, either.

Actually, the only ship-based restaurants I've seen get top-tier land-like reviews are Remy's on the Disney Dream and Fantasy.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
And Nobu hardly serves "the world's greatest sushi" on land, either.
Maybe not, but they do serve some quite wonderful food -- their black cod certainly compares well with some of the best land restaurants I've been to.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:57 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by riced
Nobu on Crystal is good, but it still suffers at times from being ship food. They simply do not get fresh supplies every day like many good land based restaurants.
I believe Crystal deep freezes the fish. That may alter the texture or something. But I thought it was pretty decent when I was on the ship.

And I agree with Crystal having fantastic food.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by riced
You can find some excellent food on almost any cruise line--for example--Chopps in RCCL--but Crystal, Seabourn, Silversea and Oceania in our experience provide on most cruises the best overall!!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by nnn
I believe Crystal deep freezes the fish. That may alter the texture or something.
I always thought sushi fish was flash frozen to kill the parasites?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.