Search

fathom Adonia - first sailing cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA
fathom Adonia - first sailing cancelled

The first sailing of fathom Adonia was cancelled after it failed it's US Coast Guard inspection yesterday. fathom is Carnival Corps newest line, offering impact travel to Dominican Republic and Cuba.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:02 am

I have to admit, I'm kinda floored that CCL would have the ship in a state where it would fail the coast guard inspection. I'm not real sure what they were doing as far as any refit when they transfered it from P&O, but that's a pretty major mis-step for a major cruise company to have happen. I recognize that it's a "new" line, but it's still a line with the backing of Carnival Corp, so it's not like it's some small startup company. Plus, they started with a ship that should have been in a state that was good enough.

I have to admit, I'm skeptical whether the fathom line is going to succeed at all. I think events have kinda caught up with them faster than they expect, and their main selling point of the "service" trips to Cuba are rapidly going to be taken over by other ships just doing a normal trip to Cuba with the "service" portion. I don't think the powers that be in Carnival expected things to move rapidly towards where regular cruise stops would be allowed, and expected to be able to charge their premium for this volunteerism style of cruising. And they're charging absolutely staggering fares for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.