MSC: First Status Match by Cruise Line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2016, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MSC Cruises Voyagers Club Status Match

Voyagers Club status tiers, etc. can be read here. There is a link (top left) to STATUS MATCH.

Become an Instant Member of the MSC Voyagers Club with Status Match

We are excited to introduce our new and exclusive Status Match program dedicated to the frequent travelers like you! If you belong to a loyalty program of other travel brands, you will be able to join the MSC Voyagers Club and receive the matching status card, guaranteeing you a 5% discount on any booking PLUS similar benefit status*.
Click here for the MSC Status Match page, which stipulates:

Terms & Conditions

*MSC Cruises will only consider benefit cards from other Cruising companies, Hotels and/or Tour Operators. Airline Company benefit cards are excluded.

** Matching is carried out by comparing as much as reasonably possible the level of benefits guaranteed from the external travel program benefit card with those offered by the MSC Voyagers Club cards (Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per consumer).

Guests will physically receive their membership card once on board for their first cruise with MSC Cruises. It is not possible to combine MSC Voyagers Club points with points from the benefit card data of other cruise companies. If a guest has benefit cards with multiple companies, he/she will have to choose which card to use to take part in the promotion. The MSC Voyagers Club card and membership will be subject to the terms and conditions of the MSC Voyagers Club. A copy of the MSC Voyagers Club T&Cs is available on the MSC Cruises website. MSC Cruises reserves the right to reject any Status Match Request without any legal ramifications for legitimate reasons and to stop this program at any time. MSC employees may not take part in the Status Match Program.
Click here to download a benefits listing grid for all five tiers of MSC Voyagers Club.

Email: mscvoyagersclub <at> msccruisesusa.com

Updated 5 May 2016
Print Wikipost

MSC: First Status Match by Cruise Line

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
I'm on the RCL Oasis of the Seas now and the service for C&R Diamonds is outstanding!
It's unfortunate RCL won't status match. I have a cruise already booked with RCL in March 2017 and i expect I'll feel pretty disappointed that its an MSC black membership I have, which won't do me much good.

I would give MSC the business, which is the motivation behind their status offer, but it's my brothers wedding so not much choice on this occasion.

I guess RCL will have to miss out on my future cruise $. I least I will be able to make some comparisons, albeit based on RCL none status experience.
Old May 2, 2016, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I have my first MSC Divina cruise booked for September. I will get back to you all, how it went.
Old May 5, 2016, 7:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Well I booked MSC's 2X1 Balcony fare: $1150 total for 2 on the MSC Divina, 7 night Eastern Caribbean. Sept. 10th, 2016.

I can't wait to see what the Black Card gets me!
You can download a MSC Voyages Club status tier benefits grid PDF [16740_43_Griglia_benefit_USA_1.pdf.

I've also added information to a wikipost (top of page).
Attached Images

Last edited by JDiver; May 5, 2016 at 7:24 pm
Old May 8, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Just off MSC Divina

We disembarked from the ship yesterday. We had done the status match previously to our Le Club Accor cards and had received Black Status. Our cruise cards showed Black status. We received all the perks throughout the week. Small fruit bowl in cabin on the first day also bath robes. We got our first bottle of prosecco with chocolate dipped strawberries the next day. We got priority for the tender boat, an invite to black card members party and also welcome back cocktail party. 2 chocolate ships, 2 vouchers for a set menu dinner for 2 in one of the speciality restaurants,MSC logo duffel bags each and an extended time for disembarking back in Miami. Not bad for a first cruise! Each time we returned to our cabin we seemed to have an envelope with an invite or a gift waiting for us.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by nikkiw60
We disembarked from the ship yesterday. We had done the status match previously to our Le Club Accor cards and had received Black Status. Our cruise cards showed Black status. We received all the perks throughout the week. Small fruit bowl in cabin on the first day also bath robes. We got our first bottle of prosecco with chocolate dipped strawberries the next day. We got priority for the tender boat, an invite to black card members party and also welcome back cocktail party. 2 chocolate ships, 2 vouchers for a set menu dinner for 2 in one of the speciality restaurants,MSC logo duffel bags each and an extended time for disembarking back in Miami. Not bad for a first cruise! Each time we returned to our cabin we seemed to have an envelope with an invite or a gift waiting for us.
That sounds awesome! I booked my July 2016 Greek Cruise last week. Just submitted the form for matching my fiancees Diamond Honors status. Hope it works out!
Old May 16, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
MSC needs the business and they need to move market share since the product in and of itself is not compelling to the US market. If the status match works for them that is great. I base my cruise decisions on the product including hard product as well as food, service, amenities, inclusions, and that is the most important thing for me. Sure it's nice to get some bennies but if those bennies are on a cruise that does not match my needs or style or expectations I will for go it.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:30 pm

Got Hilton Diamond matched to MSC Gold.

Called my TA and they are sending me a 5% refund check in mail.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:48 pm

SPG Plat = MSC Black for me.
jenee likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Oh, just bumped on this thread and I have somewhat lured to try a cruise one day, maybe that day becomes soon if I can match my HHDiamond or IHG Spire. Will send an application.
Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by FFlash
Oh, just bumped on this thread and I have somewhat lured to try a cruise one day, maybe that day becomes soon if I can match my HHDiamond or IHG Spire. Will send an application.
Thanks!
Either will get you Gold.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Thanks to this thread. Just input my match for a Marriott - Lifetime Plat, current Plat Premier. Will let you know what I get matched to.

Have some cruise experience - got married on one! That was the ONLY one we liked...both wife and I swore off cruising for 10+ years. However, my brother and his wife have been wanting to do a cruise with tons of friends like our wedding one - so it may be MSC.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:21 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Just input my match for a Marriott - Lifetime Plat, current Plat Premier. Will let you know what I get matched to.
I'm a LT Plat with Marriott (but not a PP) and I was matched to MSC's Black elite level. So you should get their top level (assuming they are consistent with their status matching of course.)
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Status matching tip when you have no status anywhere

I don't have status anymore on airline/rental/hotel, but I noticed that they offered "Expedia Blue" in the status match list. That was interesting.

For those who don't know, Expedia Blue+ is the first level you get from Expedia when you sign up for their rewards program.

I submitted it, expecting nothing to happen. They matched me with "Classic level". While Classic benefits are minimal, they are still something, and a lot better than the simple "welcome" level you start out with. Well worth the free "welcome cocktail", bag tags, and other on board discounts.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by cruisr
MSC needs the business and they need to move market share since the product in and of itself is not compelling to the US market. If the status match works for them that is great. I base my cruise decisions on the product including hard product as well as food, service, amenities, inclusions, and that is the most important thing for me. Sure it's nice to get some bennies but if those bennies are on a cruise that does not match my needs or style or expectations I will for go it.
True & True.

It's not like a flight or hotel stay. It's quite a few days testing a product that might not work for you. To me, the black benefits are laughable. But I've watched people on Celebrity being so proud of having top status. And for what? They get to drink Budweiser and cheap wine with their comrades for happy hour everyday. It seems a smart move by MSC.

Hotel and airline programs influence my buying decision. Too many factors involved to let a cruise program carry meaningful weight.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:59 am

Is there a list of hotel to MSC matches and what level it associates with? It would be nice to know which one to apply with (Hilton, Marriott, or IHG). I'm not top tier by any means but it would be nice to know which one to try with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.