MSC: First Status Match by Cruise Line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2016, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MSC Cruises Voyagers Club Status Match

Voyagers Club status tiers, etc. can be read here. There is a link (top left) to STATUS MATCH.

Become an Instant Member of the MSC Voyagers Club with Status Match

We are excited to introduce our new and exclusive Status Match program dedicated to the frequent travelers like you! If you belong to a loyalty program of other travel brands, you will be able to join the MSC Voyagers Club and receive the matching status card, guaranteeing you a 5% discount on any booking PLUS similar benefit status*.
Click here for the MSC Status Match page, which stipulates:

Terms & Conditions

*MSC Cruises will only consider benefit cards from other Cruising companies, Hotels and/or Tour Operators. Airline Company benefit cards are excluded.

** Matching is carried out by comparing as much as reasonably possible the level of benefits guaranteed from the external travel program benefit card with those offered by the MSC Voyagers Club cards (Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per consumer).

Guests will physically receive their membership card once on board for their first cruise with MSC Cruises. It is not possible to combine MSC Voyagers Club points with points from the benefit card data of other cruise companies. If a guest has benefit cards with multiple companies, he/she will have to choose which card to use to take part in the promotion. The MSC Voyagers Club card and membership will be subject to the terms and conditions of the MSC Voyagers Club. A copy of the MSC Voyagers Club T&Cs is available on the MSC Cruises website. MSC Cruises reserves the right to reject any Status Match Request without any legal ramifications for legitimate reasons and to stop this program at any time. MSC employees may not take part in the Status Match Program.
Click here to download a benefits listing grid for all five tiers of MSC Voyagers Club.

Email: mscvoyagersclub <at> msccruisesusa.com

Updated 5 May 2016
Print Wikipost

MSC: First Status Match by Cruise Line

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
I submitted this late July when it first surfaced but haven't heard from them. O well, no loss but may have tried them next year if it worked.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:50 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I can give you the "vacation consultant's" contact info if you want to contact her to see if she can verify your matching request and whether it has been received/processed or not (and if so, what elite level you were matched to.)

Just send me a PM if you want and I will send you her info.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: Southwest A+/CP, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I applied about two months ago and was just matched to Gold at MSC, even though I'm Hilton Diamond. There is no 'top for top' status match. The person who did the match (I had to call to finally get it done) said that there is a matrix from corporate that they must follow with no deviation.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: United Silver
I submitted a match with SPG Gold (which I got via Amex Plat) - curious to see what they come back with.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:43 am

We sailed on MSC Preziosa late last year and it was pretty good.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by thebob6
I submitted a match with SPG Gold (which I got via Amex Plat) - curious to see what they come back with.
Any luck?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:18 am

I've submitted my request through the Singapore MSC agent, but yet to hear from them.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Matched !

We have a cruise booked with MSC in April (our first) and after checking on here I scanned in my husband's platinum level le club accor card. I did this yesterday (Sunday) and he has already got Black status from MSC! I just hope we get some of the benefits from this even though we had already booked.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by nikkiw60
We have a cruise booked with MSC in April (our first) and after checking on here I scanned in my husband's platinum level le club accor card. I did this yesterday (Sunday) and he has already got Black status from MSC! I just hope we get some of the benefits from this even though we had already booked.
Hi Nikkiw60, may I ask you where you got matched from ? Was it through msccruises.co.uk ?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Artemio
Hi Nikkiw60, may I ask you where you got matched from ? Was it through msccruises.co.uk ?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:33 am

Yes we went through the status match section you download the form, complete it and along with a scan of the card you would like to match email it back to them. There is a list of the loyalty schemes accepted for a match.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
There is a list of the loyalty schemes accepted for a match.
I can't find the list.... Do you have a link ? Because in Aug'15 I've tried the match and got denied because Accor wasn't part of the programs they're matching from.

Btw, I was a platinum member too.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:07 pm

Sorry I don't have a link. It's worth trying again isn't it? They don't match IHG btw or airlines.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:36 am

Sorry I don't have a link. It's worth trying again isn't it? They don't match IHG btw or airlines.
They matched my IHG Gold against MSC Silver.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Absik001
They matched my IHG Gold against MSC Silver.
That makes me wonder what my IHG Spire might be worth. I'm now more tempted to check this out but am not planning another cruise until at least 2017 and Spire will expire after this year. Maybe later in the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.