Wiki Posts
Search

Cruise to/from Buenos Aires and Valparaiso

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Cruise to/from Buenos Aires and Valparaiso

Hi,

We're preparing to book a South American cruise with starting and stopping at Buenos Aires and Valpariso. Would really appreciate suggestions for most expedient way to fly (schedules and airlines) from either Atlanta, Charlotte of the Washington DC area to get to and from. We're also open to Orlando or south Florida for our air. Thanks to anyone who chooses to respond with suggestions. Also feel free to give cruise line suggestions. Right now, we're leaning towards Holland America but open to change.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Thinking of the Zaandam? I'll be sailing down to Valparaiso next month on a repo (cheap ocean liner). See which open jaw is the cheapest. I know you can fly BC on DL to LIM quite cheaply and get to either EZE or SCL from there (and back). Just pick the itinerary that you like best.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 7:43 pm

That cruise is on my bucket list. Would love to do it this coming season. Delta has daily flights from Atlanta to both Santiago and Buenos Aires, so both bases are covered.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
I can't help re flights but my husband and I did this cruise in December 2008 and it was such an amazing experience that we've booked it again (on NCL) for November 2015.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dibel
We're also open to Orlando or south Florida for our air. Thanks to anyone who chooses to respond with suggestions. Also feel free to give cruise line suggestions. Right now, we're leaning towards Holland America but open to change.
We've taken two South American cruises on Princess, but the most recent had us flying into Santiago (SCL) and traveling by car to Valparaiso the next day. Our air transportation was MCO-MIA-SCL with the international portion being on LAN. This was our first time flying LAN and we were very impressed. MCO-MIA was on American and both are OneWorld partners.

If at all possible, try to leave a few days open in Valparaiso/Santiago and Buenos Aires as both are well worth seeing. Especially noteworthy is Iguazu Falls with BA as a base. Plan on at least an overnight stay there. It is definitely one of the most spectacular places you will see anywhere.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:24 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
We went from BA to Valparaiso on Celebrity a few years ago. We used AA miles for (AA) SEA-xMIA-EZE southbound and (LA) SCL-xLIM-JFK northbound (then AS EWR-SEA later.)

Photos from our cruise and days before/after - http://gardyloo.us/southamerica.htm
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
We went from BA to Valparaiso on Celebrity a few years ago. We used AA miles for (AA) SEA-xMIA-EZE southbound and (LA) SCL-xLIM-JFK northbound (then AS EWR-SEA later.)

Photos from our cruise and days before/after - http://gardyloo.us/southamerica.htm
You must have stayed at the Plaza Hotel in Buenos Aires.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.