Search

best cruise for mid twenties single guy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:25 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
best cruise for mid twenties single guy

Is there any such cruise with great parties and perhaps all included?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
All-inclusive and great parties don't exactly go hand-in-hand.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:25 pm

www.singlescruise.com

You should checkout www.singlescruise.com

Its group cruises (& land/resort) trips for solo passengers with alot of group activities/mingling planned in the itinerary. Some sailings are age based. Call them to find out # passengers in the group. I think most are ~100 passengers.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:22 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Anyone have any experience with these?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Just my opinion, but any of the 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises tend to be more "party" oriented....especially the weekend cruises. And think more Carnival and Royal Caribbean and perhaps NCL too than Holland America and Celebrity for a bit of night life.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:02 am

Cruises can be rather expensive for a single person to take, since most of the time, you pay for 2. You can get deals where the single supplement is reduced or waived, and quite often those are in less than ideal times of year or on older ships. Of course, less than ideal is subjective. If you have a buddy to go with, it will probably be a better time, plus you right away have someone to hang with while you try to meet others. Most cruises do have functions for singles.

Not going to find many all inclusive options, unless you look at the luxury lines. Carnival has a beverage program called Cheers, which costs $50 per person per day, and everyone over 21 in a cabin must purchase it if anyone wants it. It's not all you can drink, but it covers 15 drinks per day, plus free soft drinks. 7 drinks a day basically is the break even point on this.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by DanJ
Cruises can be rather expensive for a single person to take, since most of the time, you pay for 2.
NCL has what they call Studios on their newest ships (Epic, Breakaway, Getaway) - these are smaller interior cabins for one but are rather well designed - they include a full-sized bed and access to a private keycard lounge that is stocked with light snacks and an espresso machine. They also have a self-dispense wine machine and in the evenings, they bring up a bartender and host the nightly solo travelers reception. They also assign one of the cruise director staff to help organize dinners for the solo travelers throughout the week.

Carnival has a beverage program called Cheers, which costs $50 per person per day, and everyone over 21 in a cabin must purchase it if anyone wants it. It's not all you can drink, but it covers 15 drinks per day, plus free soft drinks. 7 drinks a day basically is the break even point on this.
NCL has a similar program - it's unlimited and includes a fairly good range of beverages. Its slightly more expensive than the Carnival program and there are times of the year that they don't sell it. (I was stuck on a March sailing not knowing they were in a six-week blackout due to spring break.) They also are one of the few non-inclusive lines that allow for unlimited wine corkage - you can bring your own wine on for $15 a bottle. I brought a half-case onboard.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Royal Caribbean also has drink packages like those.

If you really want a cruise, I'd second the suggestion of a 3 or 4 night weekend cruise to the Bahamas out of Florida - much greater likelihood of a younger crowd looking for a party atmosphere. Look at Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:32 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the suggestions i am sure if i pay for 2 that i can most likely convince a friend to come with . Also i might bring a friend who is 20.5 or something are any of these cruises 18 + for the drinking?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Thanks for all of the suggestions i am sure if i pay for 2 that i can most likely convince a friend to come with . Also i might bring a friend who is 20.5 or something are any of these cruises 18 + for the drinking?
They are 21+
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
When you say mid twenties, are you actually 25 or higher? You might need to call Carnival because your friend is technically a minor in their eyes and someone who is under 21 needs to travel with "relative or guardian 25 years old or higher". Unless married or military personnel.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

for OP etc - how often are there singles on seadream and is it any different for crossings?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:07 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Are there any which are 18+ (European one? ) as to not complicate the situation
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Any of the three main lines (Royal Caribbean, NCL, Carnival) will have a good number of twenty-somethings aboard. I don't know that cruises are generally the best form of singles travel, though.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:42 pm

Costa is 18 on any ship not leaving the US, but 21 on US based cruises. Similar policies on Royal Caribbean and MSC. Norwegian will allow 18-20 to purchase alcohol outside US waters, but only with written permission of parent/guardian travelling with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.