Viking Ocean Cruise

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viking Ocean Cruise

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Mixed reviews for the product. I think they need better communication and apparently the included shorex are not running too smoothly. Hardware looks great but seems to be software problems
Old May 25, 2015, 1:33 pm

My travel agent was able to get on an early sailing and raved about the Viking Star. She said its a cross between Viking's river ships and a new ocean ship. Only verandas and balconies. Some of the same Viking benefits--2 for 1 and free air promtions are being offered.

I like that the itineraries vary--moving between Mediterrean and N.Europe.

Here is some info on the itineraries and pricing options:
http://shop.cruisedeals.com/cs/forms...&did=-1&mon=-1
Old May 29, 2015, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by cargo13
My travel agent was able to get on an early sailing and raved about the Viking Star. She said its a cross between Viking's river ships and a new ocean ship. Only verandas and balconies. Some of the same Viking benefits--2 for 1 and free air promtions are being offered.

I like that the itineraries vary--moving between Mediterrean and N.Europe.

Here is some info on the itineraries and pricing options:
http://shop.cruisedeals.com/cs/forms...&did=-1&mon=-1
Just finished the 50 day maiden voyage (istanbul to Stockholm). Sitting in Stockholm airport right now. Time to get back to reality (which includes my normal travel again and thus I am back being active on Flyertalk.

I posted a lot on CruiseCritic thoughout the cruise and was part of a good sized CC audience including about 8 of us that did all 50 days. Met the CC editor as well (she rode it twice, for two small portions).
I have a blog that includes quite a few reviews of various aspects of the ship at travelinsubman.wordpress.com
I also posted reports for each of the four segments (well only three are up so far).
Bottom line was that we had a great time and loved the ship and crew. There were technology and human issues from day one, but they got better each day and by the end of the cruise things were working pretty well (but still a few things they need to solve/ work out). I will post a short report/ summary of the cruise and the cruise company on this thread in a week or so and will be finishing my blog posts as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.