Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Bringing Alcohol on a Cruise?

Bringing Alcohol on a Cruise?

Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Smile Bringing Alcohol on a Cruise?

Curious about what people think about this, I found a few sites that show you how to get alcohol on a cruise such as:
http://www.rockbottomcruises.com/alcohol_on_cruise.html

Would you take the risk?
Have you done it before?
Have you heard of anyone getting kicked off ship for doing this?
Tell me about your experiences.

I'm sure most people have snuck candy into a movie theater so I don't see much of a difference here. What do you think?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
I think you've already discussed this same topic, and provided this link on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cruis...l#post21508474

Are you selling this stuff?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 6rugrats
I think you've already discussed this same topic, and provided this link on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cruis...l#post21508474

Are you selling this stuff?
I have brought it up in another topic...many months ago, that thread is long dead and I'm interested in hearing what others have to say. I have my own experiences with this topic (as I shared in that post many months ago) and I want to see what others think.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the vodka and Bailey's onto the Sapphire Princess last month without problems. YMMV
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Got the vodka and Bailey's onto the Sapphire Princess last month without problems. YMMV
nice, I've been able to get alcohol on the ship 4/5 times...(first time I didn't know you could.) I still get nervous each time I try though lol
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
1. Get Listerine.
2. Empty contents.
3. Refill with hard liquor of your choice.
4. Win!!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerhog
1. Get Listerine.
2. Empty contents.
3. Refill with hard liquor of your choice.
4. Win!!
I've done this one already and ended up having some minty fresh rum...not exactly the taste I wanted, but it still did the trick.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS
People do not get kicked off ships for trying to smuggle alcohol on board. Usually the worst that can happen is that the cruise line will take the booze and store it until the end of the voyage, or they will pour it out (or drink! lol) in front of you.

On my last cruise I was in Hawaii and I think it was in Maui where 2 women got caught for trying to smuggle 2 bottles of beer on board. They flipped out at security and made a big scene, but in the end they handed over the beer and their cabin # so it would be tagged and given back at the end of the voyage.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:27 am

Google "rum runner flasks" for all the info you need. There are probably other companies selling a product like this cheaper, but these work and don't leak. 10+ cruises under my belt and never, ever an issue. They will not kick you off, the worst that will happen is they find something(which is usually someone trying to bring a bottle), after your luggage is scanned you would get a note in your cabin indicating they need to do a secondary screen on your luggage and that you need to go to a specified room. They open your luggage in front of you, if anything is found they hold it until the end of the cruise. Now if you were trying to get illegal drugs or a bazooka on board they would probably throw you off, but half the ship tries to get alcohol on board and no cruise line debarks passengers for that, even if caught.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
You are typically allowed so many water bottles per person as well and you can buy new caps online that when you screw them on the water bottles they will have the perforation intact and appear unopened. Must be a clear liquor of course. I have never done this on a cruise, but I will if we ever take one. I have used them to take vodka into concerts before though
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by biker4life44
Curious about what people think about this, I found a few sites that show you how to get alcohol on a cruise such as:
http://www.rockbottomcruises.com/alcohol_on_cruise.html

Would you take the risk?
Have you done it before?
Have you heard of anyone getting kicked off ship for doing this?
Tell me about your experiences.

I'm sure most people have snuck candy into a movie theater so I don't see much of a difference here. What do you think?
Just put it in your luggage. I've done it numerous times on Norwegian, Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival and they've never once confiscated it. Have only seen alcohol confiscated from individuals who hand carried it through security.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by lazard
Just put it in your luggage. I've done it numerous times on Norwegian, Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival and they've never once confiscated it. Have only seen alcohol confiscated from individuals who hand carried it through security.
Exactly. I've never understood why there's so much subterfuge on this topic; just put in your checked luggage and it will be delivered to your stateroom.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lazard
Just put what in your luggage? Do you use things to help it get through x-ray, or do you just throw the alcohol in the way it comes in a bottle?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1> Why do folks presume the bootlegged goods can only arrive at initial disembarkation;

2> Anyone have a method for circumventing the Celebrity screening for portable irons?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Originally Posted by pawtim
Exactly. I've never understood why there's so much subterfuge on this topic; just put in your checked luggage and it will be delivered to your stateroom.
We had it confiscated from checked baggage on Royal Caribbean. We had two bottles, one plastic, one glass, in different cases. The plastic liter made it through, the glass on didn't. We had to go and claim our case and they searched it and took the bottle. They would not return it at the end of the cruise either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.