Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cruises and Barclay Arrival Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Cruises and Barclay Arrival Rewards

Hi all, new to FT and thankful for so much information. I've been reading for hours over the last few days.

My wife and I both have 43,xxx points from Barclaycard Arrival bonus. Is there a way to book a cruise and redeem the points from both cards in one trip? In other words, split the check?

It appears to me that when you look at cruise deals for 2 adults, the rates are automatically calculated. If we could each redeem the $430+ bucks when booking, we could nearly cruise for free?

Thoughts, suggestions, tips? Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by cashcow
Hi all, new to FT and thankful for so much information. I've been reading for hours over the last few days.

My wife and I both have 43,xxx points from Barclaycard Arrival bonus. Is there a way to book a cruise and redeem the points from both cards in one trip? In other words, split the check?

It appears to me that when you look at cruise deals for 2 adults, the rates are automatically calculated. If we could each redeem the $430+ bucks when booking, we could nearly cruise for free?

Thoughts, suggestions, tips? Thanks!
You should be able to split your cruise fare into multiple payments to pay with both cards. Cruise line sites will let you pay any amount towards your cruise.

Here's what I think is the simplest solution: when you book you'll have to pay a deposit. Just make sure the deposit is large enough to offset the credits from one of the cards, and then pay the remainder with the other card when it's due.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Exactly what SRQ Guy said. Tried this myself recently.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I've been looking at some of the discount cruise lines, but from your experience can any be found these days around $500 per person for 5-7 days?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Thanks for the advice. I've been looking at some of the discount cruise lines, but from your experience can any be found these days around $500 per person for 5-7 days?
Absolutely. There are some really good deals out there. I like to use vacationstogo to compare prices. That said, I tend to be loyal to Royal.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:11 pm

If you book your cruise online, check out payouts from online portals. The UPromise credit card pays 5 percent cash back on top of whatever payout the cruise operator is offering if you shop through their online portal. All the big cruise companies are represented.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:59 am

Compare prices on any cruise you pick at www.cruisecompete.com
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:06 am

You shouldn't have any issue splitting the transactions in two, you might not be able to do it over the net but you can always do it via the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.