Reload this Page >

Booking Cruises with United (Airlines) cruises for points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Cruises with United (Airlines) cruises for points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Originally Posted by flyerwanabe1
From the website, it indicates that the price drop is only good for 48 hours. Is that the case with you or are you saying they upgraded you to a suite after teh 48 hour period?

"If you find a lower rate advertised anywhere within 48 hours of booking with United Cruises, call our Customer Service Department toll-free at 1- 800-211-2039."
Sorry if my post was confusing. We were already booked in a Grand Suite. I paid in full when I booked the cruise. When I noticed the first price drop, they gave me a refund (it wasn't a huge amount but worth calling about). Then I noticed closer to the cruise that it had dropped again. I called and they upgraded us to a Grand Suite with an extended balcony. Whether you have paid up front or not, it is worth calling about. United cruises was great to work with and my points posted quickly.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:52 pm

Did anyone receive any of the usual TA cruise perks like on board credit or a bottle of wine in the stateroom? This is in regard to disney cruises where there is usually no TA discounting of the price

Last edited by jkenn; Aug 17, 2014 at 2:08 pm
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by jkenn
Did anyone receive any of the usual TA cruise perks like on board credit or a bottle of wine in the stateroom? This is in regard to disney cruises where there is usually no TA discounting of the price
No - the perks are the bonus UA miles. You have to work out yourself how much those extra miles are worth to you (anywhere from 2x to 8x dollars spend, depending on cabin class, credit card used, and promotions) versus what other TA's might offer in terms of OBC or other benefits. For me, the UA miles far outweigh typical OBC offers.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are there any promotions going on right now beyond the bonuses for booking a suite and paying with UA credit card? it says up to 35,000 miles per cabin (but does that include all the bonuses?).
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
I made a booking with that agency and agent stated that I will get miles on the base rate (w/o taxes). When she got my payment and I asked her again about miles - the story changed! Let's say price per person w/o taxes was $900 (plus $345 in port taxes and fees), but now she claims that it also includes other taxes and the actual base price is around $600.

How is that possible?! It seems like bait and switch.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i do not see any information about cruises on the UA web site. could you point out to me where they have buried it.

Last edited by slawecki; Apr 2, 2016 at 3:59 pm
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by slawecki
i do not see any information about cruises on the UA web site. could you point out to me where they have buried it.
Amazing what Google can do if you try "United Airlines Cruises"
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by slawecki
http://www.cruises.united.com
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:40 am

Can someone clarify if the 45K limitation is per itinerary/cruise/credit card/mp account?
I am about to book 10K worth of cruise with 7x/$1, I want to make sure I maximize my investment.

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tiki
I had a United Explorer card when I booked our cruise and paid the deposit. Since then I have canceled the card because Chase wouldn't give me a retention bonus. I will pay the balance with a CSP. Do you think I will still get the 2x based on being a cardholder at time of booking?

There is some consolation in that the CSP will give 2x on travel purchases whereas the Explorer would have given 1x.
Tiki, what ended up happening? Did you get your United miles? I am thinking of doing the same thing.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:14 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by justsawaufo

Can someone clarify if the 45K limitation is per itinerary/cruise/credit card/mp account?
I am about to book 10K worth of cruise with 7x/$1, I want to make sure I maximize my investment.

Thanks
I wouldn't spend more than $6428 for a cruise...
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:11 am

I am wondering if anyone has accomplished this through hotel programs? Another question would be about a reservation that is already in place with the cruise line...can I earn hotel points by putting my hotel number on the reservation or am I only able to earn hotel points by reserving through the hotel portal? Thank you in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.