Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Caribbean Princess vs Grand Princess

Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

Has anyone been on these two ships recently? Looking for an opinion which would be better for a 7 day Caribbean cruise, price being equal.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:38 pm

Pricing being equal and itinerary being acceptable, I would go with the Grand. I've been on both, although the Grand was a relatively new ship at the time, and both have been extensively renovated since I've been on either. The main thing for me though is both ships have about the same amount of passenger space, while the Caribbean has an extra deck of passengers (approx 500 more people at double occupancy levels). The Grand had the Skywalker Lounge (the so-called shopping cart handle lounge suspended over the stern) removed last year and had another restaurant or lounge added just aft of the funnel. Other than that, there are minor floor plan differences, but the cabins are pretty much the same, and each has quite similar public spaces. But the lesser passenger count sways me to the Grand.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:39 am

I'm guessing that you are looking at the Southern Carribean itenerary. I'm booked on CB this fall. This will be my second time sailing on her.

Look closely at the port times, CB is in Aruba from 8-5 and Curacao from 1-10.
The Grand has Aruba from 8-5 as well, but Curacao is 7-1.

Those times are for the 11/17 sailings, I'm not certain that it holds for the entire schedule. Check your dates.

I like the later time in Curacao.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:39 am

Have you posed this question on the cruisecritic.com Princess board? You will get alot of answers as people have their favorite ships and it gives you a bit of insight into the "character" of each.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.