Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Cruise Compete This good?

Cruise Compete This good?

Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: HH GOLD
Originally Posted by groucho333
I have used TLC on a few cruises on Azamara. They cannot change the price, but they can definitely lower your cost (ask Dave).

You can become very pleased.

[email protected] (that's me if you have questioins).
What cruise agency is "TLC", please also provide their phone number.

THANKS
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:28 am

Hello, has anyone heard of http://www.travelizer.co.uk/cruises/ they seem to have quite a few good cruise partners on the site, but as I've not heard of them I don't know whether they're reliable or not. Anyone ever used them to book?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yes. With AMEX Platinum, depending on the line one gets a two category upgrade or $300 cabin credit and some minor perks. Check on this page for specifics. In any case, I have received good value using my AMEX Plat cruising.

Originally Posted by AC_Good_Will
Good way to see what the market is, then try to beat the price through other means. Don't know where else to look though...
Anyone use Amex for platinum upgrade?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

As you included a URL link in your first post, your post was suppressed and sent to the moderation queue as part of FT's spam control protocols. Our volunteer moderators may take some time to complete their rounds, so your post was delayed a bit before it was cleared by a human being.

JDiver, Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by LeahJ
Hello, has anyone heard of http://www.travelizer.co.uk/cruises/ they seem to have quite a few good cruise partners on the site, but as I've not heard of them I don't know whether they're reliable or not. Anyone ever used them to book?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by redstonelady
What cruise agency is "TLC", please also provide their phone number.

THANKS
The company is CompanionShips and they are located in Massachusetts. I'll send you a PM with the phone number & eMail.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA 1mil SPG Gold and a variety of others
I used CruiseCompete years ago and got good responses. The last couple of times I used them I got practically nothing.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:53 pm

I used Cruise Compete for a short cruise from Long Beach to Ensenada. It was a last minute thing and Carrie Volpe from http://cvolpe.cruiseone.com/travel/HomePage.html
was the only one to offer me a $25 credit and a free $10 picture voucher.
Everything went fine and I will use them again!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
We used it to price a cruise with 5 cabins over New Year's 2011/2012. While the rates were within a few dollars of each other, one company was offering about 50% more OBC compared to the rest. We were even able to get price adjustments as cabin prices dropped. As an added bonus, Carnival messed up on the OBC allocation, and we actually got about 20% more than expected.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Club Platinum, AA, USAir, ANA,
I have gotten two quotes so far for a NZ cruise next year. Wondering if anyone have used CruiseVacationOutlet before?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Have used Cruise Vacation Outlet many times. Almost always the best price and service is comparable to other agencies I've used. Bob Durnan ext.129 is good to work with.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Club Platinum, AA, USAir, ANA,
After reading this thread last week, I tried cruise compete for the very first time. So glad I did! We had a particular cruise to NZ in mind and our local agent goofed as the prices kept going up. I got 8 bids back and each of those were quite smililar other than the incentives. One was quoting lower than the rest and better than the prices that we originally wanted. The amazing agent worked through the deal and got us the cabins we wanted. What I liked was the availability of the agent, she was very professional and kept close contacts with us. Very impressed with her. Now we are all set for the cruise next March.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
+1 for cruise compete......I have used them a few times and always saved significant $$$$.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:23 pm

So, I booked another cruise this week and tried Cruisecompete again. I also contacted the agent that I found last time via CC. Sadly, she could not offer competitive on-board credit this time because her agency did not have a group on this cruise (that was how I got so much last time). I got one reasonable quote, but found a better deal at crucon.com. I got a bonus $100 OBC from them for booking on Columbus Day, and they had special groups rates on my cruise (although they were the same as Celebrity had been offering, except that they had non-guarantee balconies available). With the extra $100 OBC from an online open booking I had with Celebrity, I ended up with $350 OBC for one cabin (balcony) and $450 for the other (Concierge class, I need 2 points to get to Elite).

I really wish that Cruisecompete offers included the actual OBC that the agency is offering. It would also be nice if they spelled out the fees that each agency charges (booking, change and cancellation).
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by mat1090
I used Cruise Compete for a short cruise from Long Beach to Ensenada. It was a last minute thing and Carrie Volpe from http://cvolpe.cruiseone.com/travel/HomePage.html
was the only one to offer me a $25 credit and a free $10 picture voucher.
Everything went fine and I will use them again!
Yes, I used Carrie for a cruise over the summer and she was great! I even got a $100 excursion credit from her, which I used for hop-on/hop-off buses in two of our ports.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
I have used Cruise Compete appx 8 times without any problems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.