Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Queens grill, Cunard, TransAtlantic

Old Dec 5, 2010, 1:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)

Does anybody know dress rules for Queens Grill?

Is it tux or dinner jacket every night - or suit/sport coat some nights?

Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:08 pm

The Daily Programme for the QM 2 (I think also true for QV and QE) states "Tonight's Dress Code: xxx) which applies thruout all the dining venues on the ship -- Queen's Grill, Princess, and Britannia. The code goes from (a) Formal - Tuxedo/Business Suit & Tie, (b) Semi-Formal - Suit/Sport Coat & Tie, to (c) Elegant Casual - For Gentlemen: A jacket, no tie required. Ladies wear, consistent with those for gents.

On a 7 day transatlantic crossing, about 3 days were Formal, and the others split between semi-formal and casual.

For Queen's Grill, I would guess the dress would be more formal than what the code might require.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by tangoll
For Queen's Grill, I would guess the dress would be more formal than what the code might require.
White tie and tails,anyone?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
White tie and tails,anyone?
White tie and tails are for waiters and musicians.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
The dress code is OK information but as a rule most passengers in the Grills dress up more rather than less formally.

Especially women.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Loved dressing up for the Queen's Grill on a Transatlantic. As another poster said, women dress up more than men. IMHO, it's a great opportunity to dress up and wear our prettiest jewelry. Not too many places anymore, aside from some charity events, when we can do that. Gentlemen always wore a coat and tie, except on formal nights. Then, black tie.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.