Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Currency conversion fee lawsuit settlement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Came upon this via Fatwallet but the direct link to the currency conversion fee settlement website is here.

Essentially if you've incurred currency conversion fees any time between Feb 1 96 and Nov 8, 06 you may be entitled to some money back. I figure this is highly likely in this group. What you do have to have is some idea of how much you've spent in foreign currency.

This is pretty easy if you've scanned all of your previous statements but much more onerous if you have to actually request statements from your bank. A lot of people on FW are not bothering filing as they don't have any idea of how much they've spent and the settlement counts on that as it only covers about 9% of the total fees involved.

However to those of you who have substantially higher charges or who have records dating to 1996 this might be worth your while.

Note that the website requires either the account number or the last four digits of your SSN stating that you may receive less if you do not provide the account number.

In this era of identify theft I'm not sure I'd want to provide my full account number to multiple active accounts to a single website.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Came upon this via Fatwallet but the direct link to the currency conversion fee settlement website is here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=settlement
Old Aug 5, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I've been waiting a long time for my refund. Was just doing some filing and found my claim form so decided to check on the status. FYI--They've finally updated the website here: http://ccfsettlement.com/

"The current status of this class action settlement is that a decision to grant final approval of the settlement is pending before the Court. On July 2, 2009, the Court received from the Special Master a supplemental report. The Court has scheduled a hearing for August 6, 2009 concerning the recommendations set forth in the Special Master's report. Please visit the "Documents" section on this site to obtain a copy of the Special Master's report (with exhibits) and the related July 2, 2009 Order of the Court (concerning the August 6 hearing and important deadlines).

The issuance of refund checks for valid timely claims will not commence until after the Court enters an order granting final approval of the settlement, any potential appeals are resolved, and the Settlement Administrator has validated the claims. At this time, the Court has not yet issued a final approval order. A notice will be posted to this website once the Court issues an order."
Old Aug 6, 2009, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Nanook
I've been waiting a long time for my refund. Was just doing some filing and found my claim form so decided to check on the status. FYI--They've finally updated the website here: http://ccfsettlement.com/

"The current status of this class action settlement is that a decision to grant final approval of the settlement is pending before the Court. On July 2, 2009, the Court received from the Special Master a supplemental report. The Court has scheduled a hearing for August 6, 2009 concerning the recommendations set forth in the Special Master's report. Please visit the "Documents" section on this site to obtain a copy of the Special Master's report (with exhibits) and the related July 2, 2009 Order of the Court (concerning the August 6 hearing and important deadlines).

The issuance of refund checks for valid timely claims will not commence until after the Court enters an order granting final approval of the settlement, any potential appeals are resolved, and the Settlement Administrator has validated the claims. At this time, the Court has not yet issued a final approval order. A notice will be posted to this website once the Court issues an order."
My "man on the street" guess is that we're at least a year from seeing any money on this deal. Of course sometimes on class actions they dribble out the settlement in phases so perhaps that will happen here too.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
More importantly, the pay-outs under this settlement are likely to be much less than originally implied as I noted 3 to 4 weeks ago in one of the primary threads on the matter.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12070691-post58.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.