Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
I think we need a wiki on how to get the most value for the points for we dummies!

So let me get this straight...... Book room, say in Vegas, in a closest multiple of $400 where it has to be prepaid, then wait for it to come out on the statement. Pay for it in points, then after all that settles cancel the reservation.
So then Travelocity refunds the dollar amount of the reservation and you get the value of the points basically back in cash on the account?
If that is the case better get crackin on reservations before the closing date. Can hotel reservations just be cancelled online with them or do I have to call in. I always stay when I reserve!!
Sorry for being a pain about all this, just want to have the eggs and ducks correct before pulling any triggers....

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
So let me get this straight...... Book room, say in Vegas, in a closest multiple of $400 where it has to be prepaid, then wait for it to come out on the statement. Pay for it in points, then after all that settles cancel the reservation.
So then Travelocity refunds the dollar amount of the reservation and you get the value of the points basically back in cash on the account?
If that is the case better get crackin on reservations before the closing date. Can hotel reservations just be cancelled online with them or do I have to call in. I always stay when I reserve!!
Sorry for being a pain about all this, just want to have the eggs and ducks correct before pulling any triggers....

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
In theory that should work but I've never tried it. I would be prepared to pay off and close the account shortly after you credit your account (and cancel your reservations), otherwise some computer at Barclays might try and take your points or cash.

Like I said, I've never actually done this but from my redemption experience it should work.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:29 pm

Any one else noticing that the points redemption capability on Barclay's website has been down for the last few days? Keeps erroring out on me.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
didn't get the message

Did anyone NOT get notified about their card ending in April? I have not received anything. Can someone post a screenshot of the letter?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by mberlew
Any one else noticing that the points redemption capability on Barclay's website has been down for the last few days? Keeps erroring out on me.
I was getting same problem and called them. They were able to process the redemption on their side.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by budblab
Did anyone NOT get notified about their card ending in April? I have not received anything. Can someone post a screenshot of the letter?
Took pic from my phone but can't figure out how to upload. Clue me in and i'd be happy to
Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by mberlew
Took pic from my phone but can't figure out how to upload. Clue me in and i'd be happy to
When you open the reply screen there is an icon above the text box that looks like a postcard and you can insert an image by clicking on it. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:18 am

What card are all you loyal travelocity card enthusiasts switching to?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by paramount
What card are all you loyal travelocity card enthusiasts switching to?
I don't think we have a winner like this card. I'll be using citi premier/prestige card for travel bookings now. And flexperks for grocery spending
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I don't think we have a winner like this card. I'll be using citi premier/prestige card for travel bookings now. And flexperks for grocery spending
Wholly agree. I think it'll be a bit more of a complex game other than 95% Travelocity AMEX, 5% they don't take AMEX (minus meeting signup bonus spends).

Probably evolve into using a couple different cards instead of just the one. Probably includes Sapphire since that won't be churnable for many like me.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:29 am

bump....thx in advance!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
bump....thx in advance!
I haven't been notified either. I'm starting to get suspicious that their plan was to wait and spring it on us. Both my father in law and I have the 4% cards and he got notified weeks ago.

For those with the old card (4%), where are you taking your spend to?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: DL
Issues redeeming reward point again?

Is anyone else having issues redeeming reward points for statement credits? Looks like the techinical issues have reappeared.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BC300
Is anyone else having issues redeeming reward points for statement credits? Looks like the techinical issues have reappeared.
yes, we've been having the same problem lately and had to open a ticket yesterday....and like almost all previous experiences, they will screw up the request and we will need another ticket to fix it....so in about 4-6 weeks, we will finally have our statement credit.

It's obvious they are trying to drive people away from this card...or they are so grossly incompetent to redefine the very definition of gross incompetence.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Redemption error

Has anyone found a solution for the redemption errors? I've tried different browsers and even typing in barclaycardus.com vs mytravelocityrewards.com but nothing works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.